Baby Bugs Due February 2013

No time at all :( I could have relaxed and slept all day!

Oh, I'd be a bit miffed at that. I'd want a time tbh.
xoxox

midwife just been :( Mei has lost more than 10% in weight, midwife isnt concerned as she is alert etc. So now upping the waking to be fed to every 2 hours rather than 3-4.

plenty of wet and plenty of dirty nappies.

I guess this is where I belong now Matilda is here....

Rota, sorry to hear about your LO's weight I'm sure she will pick up soon. Where abouts in Beds are you? I'm in Northampton...

Ha ha, I'm waiting for all these pooh explosions! We had normal poohs today! No more black ones.... Waiting for midwife, 9-5 time slot is silly, I got things to do and children to entertain!

same as, I said I had a school run to do and they were well peed off. I said I am out again at half 2 and they are still not here FFS.

My baby turned devil over night all she did was scream from 10.15 till 4.30,!

poor you and lena :( :(

Rota: In regards to pooping unicorns: freaked DS out once when he was 2. He had a Curious George stuffed toy that he wanted me to diaper with his cloth diapers so George went around with a cloth diaper on for a while. It was Easter time and DS had some egg shaped Reeses Chocolates which I got the bright idea to unwrap and place one in George's diaper I handed the toy to my son and told him George had pooped his diaperand needed a change. DS freaked out and said Ut-uh, Papa change it and handed it to DH. DH then sends poor DS right over the edge when he undiapers the toy and pops the little "poop" into his mouth, I thought DS was going to just about lose his mind when he saw that . He didn't know what on Earth to do with himself. The look on his face and his reaction was priceless

Silly phone!
Anyway, evening, how are you all?

So I spent all day waiting in, I said to Isla that we would all pick her up from school... Got to the time to leave and she still hadn't been so I had to stay behind with Ruby.
I got a call at 3:15 saying that the midwife didn't know she was meant to be coming, blah blah and that can she send someone Tomoz! So I said if I can have a time... No time can be given! Actually was about to cry and she said she would be round at 6... She came at 7:30. So I've been in allllll day!

Ruby's jaundice is fine and the beefy minx has stayed the same weight!! All those bloody night feeds!!

Rota I'm sure your LO is fine and the extra feeds will help... Although Ruby has fallen asleep mid bottle and she will not take it, too fast asleep!

My LO isn't feeding too well at the moment :( she literally cringes and turns her nose up at the taste of milk. Have to keep persevering or they won't let us out!

Oh, and the after pains. Horrific! I'm just waiting for the drugs round, I need drugs!! Got a whole 4 bed bay to myself and have had all day, hoping this means I might get some sleep!

That's a shame you can't go but then you may get some rest? Are you bottle feeding?
My pains stopped yesterday, so day four...just the worst ever! X

Yeah bottle now but not sure if I confused things by letting her latch when she was delivered. That was mummy guilt I think...wanting her to get colostrum but its shredded my nipples already or I might have put her back on.
Hoping she realises she's hungry enough not to care soon but she is also still spitting up a fair amount of mucous too so that's probably not helping her want to feed...

Yeah bottle now but not sure if I confused things by letting her latch when she was delivered. That was mummy guilt I think...wanting her to get colostrum but its shredded my nipples already or I might have put her back on.
Hoping she realises she's hungry enough not to care soon but she is also still spitting up a fair amount of mucous too so that's probably not helping her want to feed...

How long have you been in for already? I was in for 4 days with Ruaridh because he was terrible at feeds until about 10pm on day 3, when all of a sudden he got an appetite, and it did kind of tie in with him stopping spitting up mucus. Before that I had no luck at all with bottles or the boob, he was largely syringe fed whatever colostrum I could express and then had a midwife essentially force feeding him top ups from a bottle by wiggling the teat about in his mouth til he'd suck for a while and that was repeated until he'd drank around 30mls. It took about an hour to feed him, every 3 hours. But now he feeds like he's never been fed before, so there's hope yet :thumbup:

I hate tommee tippie cc bottles since We changed to them lena has been awful with tummy and gas problems, switched back to mam now as she taked full 90ml on them and sleeps without waking screaming unlike last night!

I've just convinced MW to let me try a different teat, it's an ortho one so flatter (a lot like mam ones) and she was much better. It's taken almost an hour but got 40mls down her eventually. Hopefully she will start realising now its easier just to suck than be forced!

That's really helpful to know, thanks SB. We've only been in one night she was born 13th so I guess still early days in that respect.

We are back to screamin in pain today colic is evil my poor baby :-( just sent ben to find some medicine to help her

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->