Baby Bugs Due February 2013

Hi girls,

Sorry to hear about the sick bugs going around.

Becca you can take Sudafed to dry up your milk.

We haven't gotten the playmat down for Whitt yet - he doesn't seem interested in much yet.

DH wants to dtd but I am waiting until 6 weeks just to be sure. I feel like I am probably healed but I don't want to push it. haha push it.

Whitt threw up badly again this morning. Ugh. The dr said it would take a week for it to work but frankly I am not seeing much difference. I think I am going to call on Monday if he throws up again.

We had great sleeps last night - knew we would as the whole day was a fussy reflux mess. He slept from 9-2, 230 to 6, and then til 7:30. He's slept for a while today which is odd and not boding well for tonight.

We tried out our Ergo today :) He slept the whole time around Walmart so I would say it was a success!

Hope these babies get well soon.

Midnight- who has it? Is a second person has it in your family it doesn't look good for us! I've felt sick all day so maybe that's all I will get?

My two year held her breath today and went all floppy after I put her on the naughty step (she was having a paddy too) I've never been so scared, she went blue in seconds and took about ten seconds to come too. She's never done that before and I hope she never will.
It made me awful coz I've been looking after Ruby with feeding and dealing with my poorly three year old. I've been making time for my two year old but I had to tell her off for being naughty.
Its so hard splitting myself into three... I love my girls so much, I wish 'change' didn't affect them.

I think we'll have a good night too. Harry only really slept when he was out with DH in town for that hour, so he should sleep well now. I put him to bed at about 8:30pm. :)

Tnt, why sudafed?
xoxox

The active ingredient in antihistemines is known to dry up your breast milk so they advise caution when taking it while nursing. My friend's pediatrician told her to take it to dry up her milk when she stopped bfing.

Also read to wear tight bras and put cold cabbage leaves in your bra.

Cabbage leaves from the fridge ir freezer are good for easing engorgment x

hormones and homesicknes so do not mix :cry: just reading the words asda made me cry

Ugh, me and my OH just had a bit of an argument. I'm not dealing with the fact he's not bonding with Lily very well but is all over our dog like a rash. So I said "Will you be okay with her while I go have a shower?" and he replied "Yeah, I'll be fine" but in a voice that wasn't very convincing, so I asked if he wanted me to take her upstairs and he said "Whatever". So I said "I think I'll just move back to my f'ing mums, at least she'll be loved there!" and he said "What do you mean?" and I replied "You don't f'ing love her do you? Why didn't you just say when I was pregnant and I would of left then!" and he said "Why would you have left? I still love you though". So basically that last sentence is all I need. I'm so hurt right now. I feel like crying and just going back to my mums. I need him to love and bond with our daughter, we're a package now, she's my life, she comes before anyone. I'll leave him if it means she's happier and more loved at my mums. :cry:
xoxox

Ugh, me and my OH just had a bit of an argument. I'm not dealing with the fact he's not bonding with Lily very well but is all over our dog like a rash. So I said "Will you be okay with her while I go have a shower?" and he replied "Yeah, I'll be fine" but in a voice that wasn't very convincing, so I asked if he wanted me to take her upstairs and he said "Whatever". So I said "I think I'll just move back to my f'ing mums, at least she'll be loved there!" and he said "What do you mean?" and I replied "You don't f'ing love her do you? Why didn't you just say when I was pregnant and I would of left then!" and he said "Why would you have left? I still love you though". So basically that last sentence is all I need. I'm so hurt right now. I feel like crying and just going back to my mums. I need him to love and bond with our daughter, we're a package now, she's my life, she comes before anyone. I'll leave him if it means she's happier and more loved at my mums. :cry:
xoxox

im sure he loves her hun you can see it in the picon your journal, men are just odd in showing feelings

about to watch casualty on i player to try combat homesickness lol distance is awful

It's really hard for men to adjust when all the changes have been happening to you. Us women have had time to prepare since there's always been physical reminders of the imminent arrival of a baby. For the men, the baby just turns up and, no matter how hard you try, you can never prepare for how a baby will change you. <3

I'm sure he loves her hun, it's just a different love to yours with her. Encourage him to be more hands on with Lily, and spend time with her. He will build that bond. :)

god really wish i was back in the uk at the mo just want to give my best friend a big hug she left her husband just after lena was born due to finaces and stress after they had an incident in november where she got a black eye her and her two lil ones are in a secure home for mums but her hubby has been diagnosed with emphasema ( cant spell it)andgas a mass on his lung too hes only 30 and fro, south africa so had nobody here, her brothers been staying with him and looking after him as sge neesto sort herself out health wise was starving herself so her kids could eat etc, anyway ger hubby had to go into hospital for abiopsy and her bro was supposed to be with him but ended up in a police cell:dohh: so ge was on his own came round from anestetic and paniced disharged hkmself at 3 am since then has been coughing up blood and keeps calling my mum saykng that he just wanrs his family back if ye doesnt have them whats the point he may aswell be dead , and it cant be goid thats hes alreafy been referd for radiopherapy at luton hospital hes not a bad guy they just had bad luck in that he lost his job, his passportran out andcouldnt afford to get a new one as he had no job so a visciouse cycle started of them having no moneyto pay bills, no food most weeks my mum and dad were buying food so kids got fed so my friend is now torn on what to do her mum is telling her hes no good and not to go back to him and sges then telling him that shes never seeing ger daughter again and that he will only see his kids supervised by my mum or her sister they are both in the wrong she can ve very violent has often hit her own mum and if things dont go right you know about it but hes being made out to ve the devil by her mum:dohh:

god sorry for that essey lol

It's really hard for men to adjust when all the changes have been happening to you. Us women have had time to prepare since there's always been physical reminders of the imminent arrival of a baby. For the men, the baby just turns up and, no matter how hard you try, you can never prepare for how a baby will change you. <3

I'm sure he loves her hun, it's just a different love to yours with her. Encourage him to be more hands on with Lily, and spend time with her. He will build that bond. :)

This is so true. Hugs Becca :hugs:

Ooh Becca, of course he loves her. It sounds like he maybe overwhelmed with massive change a baby does to your life.
When our first was four weeks Shaun got super drunk at his mums house and basically said he was ready to be a parent and said all this horrible stuff. He stormed out to the pub. He left me to go home and carry all the stuff we took to his mums for day back to the flat- by this point we had no milt bottles prepared so poor Isla screamed the flat down till it was ready. Poor little thing
I vowed he would never do that to me again or make his daughter suffer coz he had a meltdown.... He was grovelling like mad.
I said if he ever put us in that situation again I'd leave.
An he never did!
He knew I meant business.
I think it takes longer foe men to adjust. They can see how much,
We as mums love our babies... All of sudden these babies are our priority and the men get sidelined and become second best really..
Sensing you lots of love xxx

Whisper that's a sad story! Sorry your feeling home sick hun xx

DH is not back yet, eeek he must have had lots to drink. Our eldest is still poorly so ahe is in our bed, at least I don't have to put up with his drunkeness.
And his going golf in the morning so I don't have to hear all about his hangover! Ha ha
X

Lindy when you say it hurts to pooh is it coz of piles?
It still feels like I'm poohing glass.

Smiley, ouch!! Glad it doesn't hurt now.

Whisper that made me laugh.

Becca my boobs stopping looking like they had milk in after about a week but leaked for a couple of weeks. Lots of hugs Hun.

Shaun is out and I've got chocolate and tv all to myself. Ruby has just woken up, I'm hoping for smiles, only had a few.

Hope your all enjoying your night x

Hope you enjoyed the chocolate.

Not sure if its piles. Can't feel anything hanging down. Is it pokes you have? It does feel like pooing glass.

She will settle soon I am sure xx fingers crossed. Does she settle in the sling?

Sick bug round two now in this house. Ffs.

Hope you all get rid of bug soon.

Aww no, I hope it passes soon :hugs:

She will occasionally settle in the sling, and sometimes in the swing, but 99% of the time nothing but boob will calm her, she will sleep in OH's arms too, but that's no good when he is at work.

I think it's something I just have to deal with until she gets past it, and I know this time next year I will miss these cuddles when she is too busy running around but I miss spending time with the older 2. Luckily they are very independent and don't really mind if I am playing with them or not.

Same here! Wish Thomas Woolf be content on his own just for a bit.

Becca- :hugs: I think it is tough for them to bind because they do see the wonderful unconditional mothers love we instantly have and it's a jealousy thing because they know they come after the baby now. :hugs:

I'm assuming it's piles? Tmi- only notice something there after ive down a pooh and then it goes.

Ruby has woke again and not my two year old is up too. And Shaun is snoring in the top bunk- maybe that why the two year old is awake? Lol.
I'm going to be tired in the morning. :(
Hope your all having a better night x

just had another longishstretch of both feed and sleep and shes just drained 5 n half oz and wants more! i feel like poop think im coming down with the lurgies,hot,snotyy,sneezy and feel queesey :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->