Baby carrier for potential early arrivals

Emskins

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I have been looking through all the threads on baby carriers/slinbgs and you ladies really know your stuff!

I was wondering if you might be able to give me some advice, it looks like my little one may be making a slightly early appearance as they are not gaining weight/growing fast enough so they could be here a month early. My question is what kind of carrier would be best for an early baby? I am hoping they won't have to go into NICU but if they do after they will still be quite small. I just want to have my baby near me as much as possible, can you recommend something for me?

Thanks in advance ladies!

I'd recommend a Moby wrap since it would adjust to a tiny baby and you could do a kangaroo carry for skin to skin contact. A ring sling would probably be good too (I haven't used one of those though). Good luck with everything- I hope the rest of your pregnancy goes well and the baby doesn't have to go to the NICU :hugs:

I'd recommend a wrap aswell, baby is close to you and can hear your heart and you have shared body heat.
Hope everything goes ok x

definately either the moby wrap or the close baby carries which is a wrap but super quick to put on and no propper wrapping required.
In your post it says they so may i presume you are having more than 1 or have i read it wrong? A moby wrap enables you to carry 2 babies in 1 go which is ideal for twin mommies.
I hope your lo doesn't come soon i have had 4 preemies and 2 were micro preemies so please feel free to give me a shout xx

My little guy was a month early and though I have a moby it was a little difficult for me to manoeuvre around the house with it on my own. For around the house when I wanted Bun close, I would use a pouch sling that I could throw on and he would be in the cradle position really close and snug. He only liked that sling for about a month though - after that I used the babyhawk which sits him upright, or the moby which has multiple positions.
xx

Hi Ladies,

Thank you soo much for the great advice, I am looking at Moby's and Close baby carriers right now...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->