Baby drooling and chewing hand constantly

Angela49uk

Reaction score
My LO is 11 weeks old and recently has been drooling constantly and chewing on his hand all day long.

Is this normal?

Anyone else LO like this?

Matthew is, it's probably the start of teething. If your LO is fussy with it try some teething powders. But don't worry it's totally normal!

Yes totally normal.. and it gets worse! Sounds like the start of teething. xx

Yup Isobelle is exactly the same. She even chews so hard she makes her hand red.

X

Can they start teething this early?

I wander if it has anything to do with his restless night last night as well. He slept from 7:00pm to 2:00am and was then up ever 1.5 hrs which really isnt like him. He didnt need a feed, just re-settling x

Matthew is, it's probably the start of teething. If your LO is fussy with it try some teething powders. But don't worry it's totally normal!

Ive seen these powders. Sorry if this is a stupid question, but how on earth do you give powders to a baby?

Can they start teething this early?

I wander if it has anything to do with his restless night last night as well. He slept from 7:00pm to 2:00am and was then up ever 1.5 hrs which really isnt like him. He didnt need a feed, just re-settling x

Babies can teeth at any time and to me it sounds like the start of teething, most mummies on here recommend anbesol, which i have just started using and i have to say, it works wonders.
I also use ashton and parsons powder, but i believe that is being discontinued...
You just have to buy gels etc and see what works for you LO.
Hopefully your LO handles teething well... :flower:

My LO has started doing this too...but seems quite happy at the moment chewing on her hand! She is 12wks on Thurs!

yep babies can teeth from any age really, even if it is rare. my HV came other day and said "ooo she is teething" because she was drooling so much lol!! but she dosent seem in any discomfort yet..

apparently babies can be born with teeth...

x

yep babies can teeth from any age really, even if it is rare. my HV came other day and said "ooo she is teething" because she was drooling so much lol!! but she dosent seem in any discomfort yet..

apparently babies can be born with teeth...

x

They can!
It was in the paper a few years back of a baby been born with 4 teeth, he was a few weeks early as well! :flower:

My boy does this too, he's been doing it from 11 weeks and I kept thinking he was hungry :dohh: Then I realised he was getting some pegs... xx

My boy does this too, he's been doing it from 11 weeks and I kept thinking he was hungry :dohh: Then I realised he was getting some pegs... xx

lol yeh i thought izzie was hungry still but i know she isnt because she usually cries if hungry so i just leave her to eat herself lol!!

xx

My brother was born with 2 teeth n the doctors at the hospital wripped them out without numbing :-(

my lo is only 6 weeks old n is chewin her hand n dribbling alot but surely she can't be teething yet ???? She is also very whingy for the past couple of days

xxx

My brother was born with 2 teeth n the doctors at the hospital wripped them out without numbing :-(

my lo is only 6 weeks old n is chewin her hand n dribbling alot but surely she can't be teething yet ???? She is also very whingy for the past couple of days

xxx

Why did they rip them out?
Its possible to teeth at any time, whether it be 2 hours or 10 months :flower:

Isaac has been doing this for weeks. It's exploratory behavior, not necessarily teething.

I can't remember why my mum said they wripped them out but he had no front teeth for years till his adult teeth came thru. They tried to tell my mum it was a calcium growth until she looked properly n told them they were defo teeth.

Aw my babygirl suffers with colic already so if she's teethin aswell I feel so sorry for her :-( I suppose it could be gettin evrythin out the way early ha

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->