Baby led weaning advice

soootired

Reaction score
Hi, early i know as lo is only 3 months but its an unusual one lol. I really want to do blw as to me it just makes sence. Not read up on it yet but I am guessing it all starts at around 6 months and at that time due to my partner working away and us wanting to see more of each other i will be spending 2 days/nights in a hotel. worst case is a travelodge room (depends on how helpful/fexible his work are as they will be paying).
Is this going to be possible. no cooker, highchair, wipeclean floor etc. I have heard its a messier procces than feeding mashed food and have images of feeding her in the bath lol. The other image is of us sat in the local park having a picknic in the sunshine, birds singing etc lol but then i wake up.
any advice :shrug:
I breast feed so that bits easy.

so long as you have a messy mat then you are good to go hun....it will definately be a bit more diffiult the days/nights you are in the hotel as you will have to either pre prepare foods that can be eaten cold or buy healthy takeaway (does such a thing existLOL) as for the mess...i dont find it that much messier than hen my neice was being weaned onto purees...just get an old shower curtain and pop it on the floor ound where your LO will be eating and then you can just wrap up the mess and sort it that way :hugs:

sara

xxxxxxx

Agree with sara. Maybe you guys could eat somewhere cheap and cheerful those days and then LO would have a highchair and freshly prepared food in the evenings? Sandwiches are fine for lunch. I'd say you'll be able to work your way around it. TBH, the only way puree would be hassle free is if you did jars the whole time you were away.

You don't have to start at 6 months. You start whenever LO shows you they are ready. Some babies have no solids until 7, 8, 9 months or even later. :D

Have you been to the weaning and nutrition section? There's a thread there on BLW support. It's very helpful!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->