Baby measuring in the 90th+ percentile, what does this mean? Freaking out, help!

Loobylola

Reaction score
Hi Girls,

Last time i was measured 2 weeks ago, it was just shy of the the 50th, now all of a sudden its up over the 90th line...MW said it could be a number of things, so silly me has just googled it and freaked myself out...

Last time, baby was head down, today shes transverse....could this affect the reading??

Anyone measure like this and all be well? Im confused.

x

Don't freak out... My baby did the same thing! I was 60th for a 29 week scan and 90th for a 32ish week scan. I just had a 3rd scan and she is still measuring just a tinnnnny bit ahead like a week but her growth is normal for her and has evened out.

Despite what the Dr's say, babies don't grow at a steady rate. Did you notice you eating more, being tired or anything like that, or feeling stretched over the past few weeks? Has baby been quieter at any period? These are all signs of growth spurts. Babies can increase in size by up to 10% in just a few days at times, so maybe that's happened in that time.

Even if baby is on the 90th, it's nothing to be scared about. Babies come, and big babies aren't necessarily harder to birth as long as you stay active, they can actually be easier.

Try not to worry. Healthy growth is a good sign - you're obviously doing a good job! :thumbup:

Despite what the Dr's say, babies don't grow at a steady rate. Did you notice you eating more, being tired or anything like that, or feeling stretched over the past few weeks? Has baby been quieter at any period? These are all signs of growth spurts. Babies can increase in size by up to 10% in just a few days at times, so maybe that's happened in that time.

Even if baby is on the 90th, it's nothing to be scared about. Babies come, and big babies aren't necessarily harder to birth as long as you stay active, they can actually be easier.

Try not to worry. Healthy growth is a good sign - you're obviously doing a good job! :thumbup:

Yes, all of the above!

Thank you for this, very reassuing x

Don't freak out... My baby did the same thing! I was 60th for a 29 week scan and 90th for a 32ish week scan. I just had a 3rd scan and she is still measuring just a tinnnnny bit ahead like a week but her growth is normal for her and has evened out.

Thank you :) x

My little man has been measuring way ahead pretty much throughout this whole pregnancy and is still way above the 90th centil. My last baby was 10lb 2 so they sent me for 2 growth scans both of which have shown that baby is only slightly bigger than the 'average' baby. I'd try not to worry too much as there can be a lot of factors that can make your belly measure bigger mine seems to be the way baby was laying x

my baby is now 85th percentile and 6lbs 12oz they esimate due date weight being 8lbs

At 35 weeks I was told the baby weighs 6 pounds 4 oz.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->