Baby names?! What's made your shortlist?

Thanks everyone, some really lovely names here. Its so hard to find a name we both like and that we dont know someone, friends or family, that already have the name! Hubby has just informed me that he does like mia! He also asked how to spell it, i think he wanted to see how many letters were in it for getting it tattooed as he got a big Lee on his arm and it killed him :haha:

You should wined him up with the spelling lol

We're not sharing our chosen name until she's born but others I liked were Aubrey/Audrey, Annie, Carrie, Juliet, Erica, Zoe, Emmy, Annika and Alana.

We've named our little boy jesse-james and absolutely love it ♡
Had it chosen since about 2 months pregnant lol xx

Our shortlist was:
Pixie
Elfie
Violet
Emma

We went with Pixie.

Thanks everyone, some really lovely names here. Its so hard to find a name we both like and that we dont know someone, friends or family, that already have the name! Hubby has just informed me that he does like mia! He also asked how to spell it, i think he wanted to see how many letters were in it for getting it tattooed as he got a big Lee on his arm and it killed him :haha:

Like this?

Attachments

• 1045028_202470136575707_740773173_n.jpg
    1045028_202470136575707_740773173_n.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 9
Our choice is Finn for our little man :) Jameson was a front runner for a while, but when we came up with Finn we both fell in love with it (and it works better with our surname, too.)

Other boy names we considered:

- Jackson
- Dover
- Gabriel

Girl names we liked (and are holding onto if we have a girl down the road!):

- Story
- Thea
- Indy
- Aysel

We were all set on our boy's name: Leo Alexander, unless he was born on Sunday and then he'd be Leo Dominic. However, we found out we're having a girl. Choosing a girl's name was much harder for us. Some possibilities were Julia Charlotte, Sophia Eleanor or Sophia Juliet, but we are now 99% on Claire Juliet for our little girl.

we are having a boy and found it horrendously hard but i think we have little mans e now, we want to call him bradley :) this is also my mums maiden name :)

I've had quite a few names on my short list, it will prob change again several times, not even preg yet 😉

Current Girls list:
Phoebe
Lilliana
Ava

Past girls list:
Lilah
Lola
Maya
Ruby
Connie

Current boys list:
Lincoln
Brody
Finn
Flynn
Joseph (Joe/Joey)

BrandiCanucks thats nice work and i see the other names are done the same way. I told hubby to wait till we were finished having kids then get tje names tattooed together but he wanted to get lee on the inner part of his forearm. It takes up his nearly his whole arm! I keep saying he'll run out of space if he gets them all like that :haha:

I have 4 so far, and am planning my next two. They will be my favourite hockey player celebrating a goal. He passed away a few years ago. The other will be this baby's name, but neither will go on for about a year. That one was the most painful though, given where it is. My shoulders and calf ones didn't hurt at all. This baby's name will go under the one I posted, so I suspect that one will hurt like crazy too.

Names I'm loving:

Mikaelyn
Neveya
Aveyah
Logan
Alexis
Genevieve
Emersyn (but had to be vetoed because of surname)

Tyler
Jacob
Xavier
Frederick/Freddie
Theodore/Theo
Lucas

Our boy shortlist includes:

Eli (but cousin is due 5 weeks before me and is using this name)
Ira
Ezra
Adrian (DH's favorite)

Girl list:
Kella
Haha, we've known what to name our girl for years! But we also like Nora, Annie, and Zain. It's interesting to see how different name choices are on different continents!

we've been thinking of names for a year now. :)

girls-
*Eleanor Mae (Nellie)
Josephine (Josie)
Evangeline (Lena)
Jamie

boys-
*Eddison Gregory
Logan
Ryker
Lincoln

We're naming our little boy Leo :D it was on our list for ages and is the only one that seems to fit him.
Other names we liked were:
Logan
Jaiden
Kai
and for a girl:
Ivy
Isabella
Gracie
Elena

Daisy
Eliza
Ruby
Molly
Likely going to be Daisy or Eliza

for boys we liked Max and Charlie

We're having a little girl called Charlotte Evelyn. We didn't really have a list for girls names but on our boys list we had:

Theo
Oscar
Logan
Jackson

We never had a list for girls, other than the name Kara/Caera/Karagh.

With DS1, he was Logan the whole time - we were certain of that as he's named for a friend.

With DS2, DH and I were stumped, as we didn't expect another boy (until our 20w scan convinced us). By about 27 weeks, we came up with:

* Owen - "young warrior; well-born", Welsh
Finn - "white, fair", Irish
Cullen - "handsome lad", Irish
Kieran - "little dark one", Irish
Caelan - "slender person", Irish
Kellen - "Descendant of the Bright headed One", Irish
Ryan - "Descendant of the King", Irish

This is the current list, but by the time I get pregnant and give birth it's likely to be completely different!

Girls:
Jessica
Alyssa/Alissa
Eliza
Elle
Isabelle
Tiffany (has been veetoed by dh)

Boys:
William
Michael
Nicholas
Christian