Baby names?! What's made your shortlist?

DissySunshine totally agree with how different the names are depending on where you're from, thats why this site is so good for that reason, it opens your eyes to names you wouldnt have thought of and probably arent popular in your country.

mamaduke loving the irish names and meanings! I do like finn and ryan

^I agree. I see some very popular choices are George or Alfie if you're in the UK, but here in Canada, you'd never see those on a little boy these days. Here, it's all about the -Aiden names and Sophie's.

And I chose Anberlin for my youngest girl, which is after my favourite band. Here, people assume it's Amberlynn, whereas because this is a UK based website, many people associate her name with Anne Boleyn.

I found the name Kella from a novel I enjoy, and it's an Irish heritage name. I know that Kellan is the more popular name but I'm kind of surprised that NO ONE has ever heard of it before!

I'm in Australia (but Scottish) and my daughter is Isla, middle name Jade

I chose Isla because 1) It's Scottish 2) She was conceived on an island - Lizard Island which is where we also worked and got married 3) We have a long surname and needed a short first name and 4) It's just really pretty and feminine

Also on my girls list were - Georgia, Alice, Anna, Hannah, Lillian, Ophelia, Aisha & Sophina
Boys list - Elliott, Caleb, Callum, Leon and Dylan

Everyone has listed such wonderful names!!

I haven't found out the sex yet but I definitely have a list.

Boys:
Azariah
Asa
Micaiah

Girls:
Shiloh
Naomi
Zena

There are great names here! I don't have any names as of yet. I am in Canada but I am looking for unique British names, as my sons are named Clive and Nigel. I have gotten a thousand compliments on Clive and someone I know actually used it for their son. (Thank you Clive Owen for acting in some great movies!)
Both my husband and I are teachers so we want something unique but not out there. People here love Ethan, Jack/Jackson, Easton, Isabelle, Emma, Ava...

No baby yet... but we're going to be trying soon and both of us have settled on names. :winkwink:
We're from Canada

For a girl - Brooke, Caley, Avery
For a boy -Leo or Felix

Im sure when baby arrives we'll know what there name should be but at the moment what i like is changing daily but at least we are starting to realy like certain names!

At the moment we are back liking Dylan or Jay for a boy and Carla or Mia for a girl but im sure it will change again in the next few weeks.

Thanks to everone for sharing their fav names :flower:

Boys:
Asher
Landon
Ezra
Miles

Girls:
Evelyn
Eleanor
Ariana
Aria
Meredith
Grace

i have a daughter named kaydence arianna and if we ever have anothrr girl i love keirstin or keirce autmn as for boys the 2 we liked we cant ever use. ryder or karson last name is daily. it sounfs really bad when you say ryder daily

Girls:
Caitlin
Kirsten
Evie
Emily
Isabella

Boys;
Alexander
Archie
James
Noah

Users who are viewing this thread