Baby not smiling 6 weeks?

winterbabe

Reaction score
Hi, just wanted to know when you all got your first smiles from your LOs. My dd is 6 weeks tomorrow and still not mirroring our smiles. She smiles to herself (think it might be gas) but not to us :(

ANNABELLE ONLY REALLY SMILED AT US THIS WEEKEND, SHE HAS BEEN SMILING TO HERSELF SINCE 5 WEEKS

sorry for caps lol Annabelle touched button with her foot lol

hey hun im currently doing childcare and i have learnt the stages of development

Some proffesionals say 6 weeks some say 12. Every baby is different and some do things quicker than others. My little man is already smiling bu then my friends baby didnt do it until she was 12 weeks

Just a quick question does she follow you wither her eyes around the room??

If you are concerned hunni give your Health visitor a ring
:hugs:
xx

karl has been smiling since5 weeks, but not all the time.
dont worry the health visitor said anwhere from 5-8 weeks is perfectly normal

hey hun im currently doing childcare and i have learnt the stages of development

Some proffesionals say 6 weeks some say 12. Every baby is different and some do things quicker than others. My little man is already smiling bu then my friends baby didnt do it until she was 12 weeks

xx

yeah she follows and establishes eye contact but she always looks so serious!! hahaha :)

Caitlyn was 3 weeks 5 days but my friends little boy was 2 and a half months.. All babies are different, and they all learn to smile eventually :D

I hope she gives you some gorgeous smiles soon xx

maddi was about 4 weeks old, but all babies are different, it took her ages to hold her head steady x

xx

yeah she follows and establishes eye contact but she always looks so serious!! hahaha :)

Thats great then, Just give her time Aidan started off smiling to him self and then when we went over he used to frown as if to say 2what you looking at" She will soon be smiling away at you and then once she gets the hang of it she will be smiling all the time :D
xx

Erin was about 8 weeks and then it was only now and again. Since she was 3 months old she has never stopped smiling. Don't worry it will come. xx

Hannah started smiling at her darn mobile around 4 weeks. Didn't really smile for us until about 7 weeks or so, if I remember right :rofl:

Renah's been smiling to herself from 4 weeks, only really started smiling at us the last week and a half.

Some babies just aren't all that smiley though, don't be worried. I know a little boy and he always looks so grumpy, but he's not...just doesn't use a whole lot of facial expression!

Jasmine was pretty young, it was only now and then and to herself... but now she always smiles at us.

Lewis didn't smile those really unmistakable smiles until he was 10 wks old, had us worried for a while but he was fine. He still doesn't smile an awful lot, he'll laugh his little socks off and giggles all the time but he doesn't just sit and smile at people, he more studies them. :rofl:

I like to think that because he was a few weeks early he had a few weeks to catch up on baby stuff. x

She smiled at me for the first time this week. So 5 weeks old. :)

She never stops now when were cooing at her lol.

tj was 8.5 weeks, but hey all babies are different and the smiles are well worth the wait! i cried when i first saw her smile x x x x

Lola smiled at around 5 weeks. But your LO is going great on development so no doubt she will be smiling soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
babygiftcoll
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->