Baby Refusing To Nurse Off Right Breast

I Love Lucy

DS and DD
Reaction score
DS is now refusing to nurse off my right breast. I've always had a lower supply on that side and the let down wasn't as fast. When pumping I could get 2-3 ozs off the left in 10 minutes compared to 1-2 ozs off the right in the same amount of time. Now with DS refusing to nurse the right side the difference is very noticeable to me. I'm lopsided! I highly doubt anyone but myself would notice it but it's making me self conscious. Going to try and pump the right side every hour or 2 for the next couple of days in hopes that it will bring my supply back up. If not I guess I'll just be nursing off one breast until DS is a year. I'm very limited on what I can do to increase my supply with me being pregnant. I guess the purpose of this post is just to see if any other ladies have experienced this and if you were able to get your supply back up. If not, did things work out only nursing off one breast. I hope to breastfeed until at least a year.

My lo is alot younger than yours but goes through fads were for one day she favours one breast then the next day the other. A few tricks that have worked for me:

1) switching to rugby hold so she's laying the same way as for the favoured breast. Ie on her left side for both boobs.

2) sometimes she'll latch for the unfavoured breast if I'm stood up but not if I'm sat down?

3) sometimes I start her on her favourite boob and a few mins in once she's chilled out I switch her to the other boob.

Your older baby might be wise to these tricks but thought I'd mention them.

My lo has a favourite side too. I find if he is really hungry eg in the middle of the night he wont stop to think and will latch on to any side.

Also def try rugby hold because this has tricked him into thinking hes on his fav side.

Another trick which sometimes works is if i rock him while trying to get him to latch on. He usually cries for a bit and then starts eating.

Good luck

The rugby hold has been making a big difference. Thanks ladies!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->