Baby rice at 3 months

clb1982

Reaction score
Any girls on here started giving their LO's baby rice from 3 months?

If so what was the effect/outcome etc?

Need some advice as i think my daughter is displaying signs that she may be ready

Colton was started at 9-10weeks. He's fine now. He's grown on the same curve (so his doctor said we are feeding him perfectly). His weight actually evened out alot since he was weaned, so I think thats one of the reasons he's been exactly on the same curve.
Right now he is still on Stage 2's, and some 3's. I'm kinda nervous about moving him onto our food (so scared of the choking), so he eats bites off our plates, but nothing on his own.

Max started out with baby rice at 3 months and then we moved him onto baby oatmeal settled his tummy much more with that

My HV has advised i start jacob on baby rice soon as he is feeding so much and his weight isnt gaining as it should. Im trying to hold out as long as possible. Hopefully till he is 4 months old. But the hv recommended starting when he is 3 months.....im not to sure. But will see how we go over next few weeks XxxX

my little jacob started on baby rice at 3 months he now just about 5 and has banana custard for breakfast/mid morning and some puree potatoe carrot apple etc at 4/5ish
x

I gave it a go when Chase was just over 3 months. Will try again soon as he wasn't really into it the first time. He's almost 4 months now.

i tried Jack with rice at 2 months as the bottles weren't satisfying him. he didn't really take to it so i left it and tried again about 2 weeks later. he loved it so ive actually moved him on to jars of babyfood as on his last visit with the health nurse when he was 3 months she advised that we do this as he has reflux and she said that this will help alot with this and his colic. and it really has and he absolutely LOVES it!!! he has a breakfast, lunch and dinner and has cut down to 4 bottles a day cos when he was on 5 he didn't really ever take anything out of the second one so i cut this out 2 days ago and he has his bottle first then he will have this food. and for the last two nights he has slept 11 hours :happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance: so it definitely seems to the right thing to do for him and his reflux is so much better and he is hardly colicy at all :cloud9:

what age are baby jars 'meant' to be given from?

I tried Alfie with rice this morning, he is doing probably 7-8 bottles of 180ml every day and constantly hungry!

what age are baby jars 'meant' to be given from?

I tried Alfie with rice this morning, he is doing probably 7-8 bottles of 180ml every day and constantly hungry!

6 months is the 'recommendation', although usually between 4 and 6 months.
(BUT I still started Colton between 9 & 10 weeks [alittle over 2mo] and he's always been fine.)

i have just started Ali on baby rice yesterday (at 5 months). i so wanted to hold out for 6 months before weaning him but he started wakening up during the night and wanting a lot more milk. He seemed to enjoy it!

I start rice at 4 months. Then move on to each grain. But, it depends on what your childs Doctor says. My Mom used rice with my brother and sister in the 1960's They are fine :)

Rebecca started on rice just over a week ago. She's now on rice in morning, veg at lumch and fruit at teatime! My GP said to try to wean her vigorously as she has reflux and can obv cope with solids.
I know we've gone so fast on the weaning but she likes it and her poos are amazing! lol Loved the red one she did for me today afetr her carrot yesterday! And it didn't smell and they were getting really stinky with formula and gaviscon.
My GP also said I was doing wrong giving hungry baby milk with gaviscon as they both have thickeners in them. So now baclk on number 1 milk and she's not taking any more. And she's keeping a lot more of it down. :)
I just wonder how I can ger her to drink more water....but surely if her nappies are heavy and she is taking enough milk then she's getting enough fluid eh?

I am going to start soon.My doctor advised me so as Lola isn't gaining very much,she doesn't feed from the bottle a lot.So I was advised to try it and see whether she'll take to it...

I just started Jasmine on rice cereal in her bottle as she was eating way too much and not being satisfied.... she is just fine, 9 weeks old.

Maya started on rice at 12 weeks old & loves it.

She now has breakfast, lunch & dinner plus half a baby yogurt in the evening

It's massively helped with her reflux & shes doing great :D

I don't think babies should have anything but breastmilk or formula until 6mo, that's the current recommendation too. It inscreases their risk for many problems having it before then. I have a really good link to an article from Dr. Sears but I dont have enough posts to put it

Well, we all grew up fine and I guarentee that most of us had cereal and maybe even more at 1 month....

My baby is on a small amount of rice cereal and is much happier, she was not satisfied with milk and was becommng sick from so much fluid.

Well but you also have to look at how much obesity has gone up in this generation, even tons of kids being obese, the diabetes rates have gone up along with many other things. So I wouldn't say we are all fine.

But here is a great article explaining in detail why you should wait

https://askdrsears.com/html/3/T032000.asp

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"