Baby rice at 3 months

I've never heard that by 6mo they should have 3 meals a day, if they were eating that much it would interefere with breastmilk and formula intake, which is the most important for the first year. Everything I have heard from our pedi and then seeing on other things is start at 6mo, do one meal a day, at about 7-8 you can do 2 meals and by 10-12mo they should be having 3 meals a day and cutting back on formula, 12mo wean onto milk off formula or keep nursing but they aren't supposed to drink nearly as much milk as they did formula

I've never heard that by 6mo they should have 3 meals a day, if they were eating that much it would interefere with breastmilk and formula intake, which is the most important for the first year. Everything I have heard from our pedi and then seeing on other things is start at 6mo, do one meal a day, at about 7-8 you can do 2 meals and by 10-12mo they should be having 3 meals a day and cutting back on formula, 12mo wean onto milk off formula or keep nursing but they aren't supposed to drink nearly as much milk as they did formula

I think everything I've read said three meals by four weeks after weaning (small meals of course). I've heard its good to have them on three meals early to establish a routine.
Saying that though, Colton wasn't on three meals until 2mo after weaning. So, he was on three meals at 4 months.
I couldn't imagine waiting until 10-12mo to start three meals though, either way (waiting or not), as much as Colton eats he would have to stuff himself to fit what he eats (in three meals) into two meals. He can eat a 6oz jar in one sitting.

I think it depends on the child of course and how much they want, but I was saying BY 10-12mo they should, not necc wait until then to try a 3rd meal. My youngest started solids at 6mo but didn't even eat more than a bite or 2 a week until 9mo and not until probably 13-14mo did he eat 3 meals a day lol. He was too happy nursing, but now at almost 16mo eats really well

hya ladies, just thought id ad to the discussion, i am a mum of 4, i weaned all mine at 7wks and they are all absolutely fine. My latest addition is 14wks now, i weaned her at 7wks like the others, just starting with baby rice or rusk now she has breakfast, dinner and tea she still has her formula aswell but she is very contented and happy and still is average weight for her age. She also sleeps a full 12 hours at night so im not complaining. Would also like to mention that my eldest is now 16 and when i had him, we were told to wean at 3 months, when i had my 2nd who is now 10 we were told to wean at 4mths when i had my 3rd who is 3 we were told to wean at 5mths and now iv had my 4th we are told to wean at 6mths, soon we will be told not to wean them till they are 2. Personally i think you should wean if you think you and your baby are ready, but i think 6mths to start is a bit late, mine were eating anything and everything at 6months.

Leo has started starring at my mouth when I eat and made a grab for some ham on my plate the other day. He is a very very long baby and I was going to hold out until 6 months but now I dont think we can. He wakes a lot at night too. Can you just do baby rice for a month?

I just read actually that we shouldnt given them anything before 17 weeks and then only on advice of HV or GP (personally Id prefer to check with my GP as my HV seems to live on another planet)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->