• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Baby rice in a bottle, HELP!

just throwing in my 2cents.. hope thats alright.

You can mix your breastmilk up with the baby rice so it has a familiar taste with it when you decide to wean her..
Just spoon a tea spoon (doesn't seem like a lot but its plenty at first) of plain baby rice into a bowl and mix it with enough breastmilk so its runny and give it on the tip of a flat spoon.

I started to wean my 2nd son at 3 and a half months because he was constantly starving so I totally get it.. go with what feels right and see how she goes with it. She'll let you know if shes not ready or not :)

Humm ok I might get yelled at for this but max has had baby oatmeal since 2 months in his bottles ..I use my playtex advace as the nipple hole is an X shape it allows him to controll how much he takes ..Ive never had any problems ..he will not have anything to do with it if its not in his bottle ..although next week I intend to give him "mixed grains with bananna" with a spoon so he starts getting used to it

I'm not gonna yell but please please don't put anything in the bottle it is very dangerous

1st baby he wouldn't have anything to do with a spoon at 2 months old, they don't have the reflexes at that age to eat from a spoon can i ask why you decide to put him on solids at 2 months, just curious as i see you are in Montreal and things can really differ from country to country

Well I started him on baby oatmeal after the advice of my HV max was a very hungry baby ..he was eating almost 7 onz aat a time and still wanting more ..he was very unsettled with just milk .. so we tried him on rice and he didnt fancy it so we switched him over to oatmeal and hes been on that ever since and been very happy .. we started fruits & vegies at 3 months first just a tiny taste and now he eats fruits & oatmeal in the am and vegies for supper and has been doing great with that

Btw he did have the reflex to move the food toward the back of his mouth at 2 months but would get upset That he was'nt getting enough fast enough from my hand lol hes a real porker !!

I cannot wait to start weaning!!

The way Maya is taking her milk at the moment I reckon i'll also be starting her around 3 months!!

Well as its been said on here most babies let you know in some way or another when there ready

I reckon Maya will be yanking food off my plate by 3 months - the lil piglet :rofl:

Well I started him on baby oatmeal after the advice of my HV max was a very hungry baby ..he was eating almost 7 onz aat a time and still wanting more ..he was very unsettled with just milk .. so we tried him on rice and he didnt fancy it so we switched him over to oatmeal and hes been on that ever since and been very happy .. we started fruits & vegies at 3 months first just a tiny taste and now he eats fruits & oatmeal in the am and vegies for supper and has been doing great with that

Btw he did have the reflex to move the food toward the back of his mouth at 2 months but would get upset That he was'nt getting enough fast enough from my hand lol hes a real porker !!

Thanks for explaing hun

It just seemed weird to me as UK HV's would never suggest that, we are told milk til 6 months, not that i did that as when i had Emily it was 4 months :roll:

Just another curious thing, i'm sorry i'm so nosey :blush:
How many ounces do your bottles take? Ours are 9oz I waited until mine drained that before moving on to more things

Emily was ready for tastes at around 3 1/2 months and Jack was over 4 months In fact i think he would still have bottles now instead of food the lazy thing he is!!

Like i said though weaning then was recommened at about 4 months 9 years ago lol

Ideally, you want to start off on plain spoon-fed baby rice first. Then go to vegetables. Then fruit. As with Rusks, fruit is delicious and sweet and if these are introduced first, you might find yourself having a hard time gettin Caitlyn to accept vegetables and plain cereals since she already has the taste of the sweet stuff and veggies njust arent as appealing..

just throwing in my 2cents.. hope thats alright.

You can mix your breastmilk up with the baby rice so it has a familiar taste with it when you decide to wean her..
Just spoon a tea spoon (doesn't seem like a lot but its plenty at first) of plain baby rice into a bowl and mix it with enough breastmilk so its runny and give it on the tip of a flat spoon.

I started to wean my 2nd son at 3 and a half months because he was constantly starving so I totally get it.. go with what feels right and see how she goes with it. She'll let you know if shes not ready or not :)

That's what I did (breastmilk and rice)..Sam didn't seem to mind it but I tasted it (I have no idea why :rofl:) and it was vile! Definitely a good way to get her used to tasting things though. Sam had breastmilk and carrots first - also vile :rofl: x

Thanks for explaing hun

It just seemed weird to me as UK HV's would never suggest that, we are told milk til 6 months, not that i did that as when i had Emily it was 4 months :roll:

Just another curious thing, i'm sorry i'm so nosey :blush:
How many ounces do your bottles take? Ours are 9oz I waited until mine drained that before moving on to more things

Emily was ready for tastes at around 3 1/2 months and Jack was over 4 months In fact i think he would still have bottles now instead of food the lazy thing he is!!

Like i said though weaning then was recommened at about 4 months 9 years ago lol

Well The bottles he takes can hold up to 8 onz ..and he drinks 6 of that and within 20 min finishes the rest lol ..our weaning age here canada last i heard from HV was 12 months of only milk ..no way max would have only that ..he drinks about 40 onz of milk per day plus his solids

Just wondering but why is a baby more likely to choke on baby rice through a bottle rather than off a spoon? Its the same rice right? or am i being thick :blush:

Good question amy I think its the suction part as a baby will suck harder out of a bottle and it will go down its throat allot faster ..

and on a spoon they controll how much to swallow? girls dose that make sense?

I see, i wouldn't know, this is my first baby and its all so confusing! I'm not weaning Caitlyn just yet anyway, i just wondered

yeah it is the sucking action that sends it quickly to the back of the throat and there is also a risk of it getting in to babys lungs and causeing breathing problems

have you ever heard of baby led weaning Tor? it might work for Caitlyn better than being spoon fed...

Nope? Well, I've heard it spoken about on here but I don't know what it is?

its basically doing what youre doing already..just giving finger foods instead of purees!

She already copies me when I'm eating one too.. :rofl:

Not that his happens often.. :blush: No more than twice a day.... ISH.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->