• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Baby Rice

Jinty

Proud mummy of Kiara Mei
Reaction score
When did you start or going to start giving baby rice to your little one?
My OHs mum gave OH baby rice at 6 weeks because he was a hungry baby and settled better with it through the nights. She has suggested it to me but I'm not sure.

What are your opinions?

some people give it early but tbh, I don't think it's really worth it until they're at least 3 months (and a lot of people think that's too early!) Alasdair's a hungry baby and I don't give him it every day. Maybe only twice a week but more because he enjoys it and it's a way to waste some time than because he needs it.

I started when she was about 2 months old and like the above poster it was more like something to do a couple of times a week

i never started ellie on it till she was 3/4months and emma didnt start till she was 6months old. i use the hungrier baby milk i always thought babies bodies cant take food at this stage as there bodies cant break it down?

I think 6 weeks is too young, but just my personal opinion. I'm probably about to start Gabriel on it soon but only because he is taking 6 x 6oz bottles a day, is still hungry and can't seem to handle 7oz yet. His weight gain has also slowed right down. :(

I started Bren on it at 5 months, but only because the doctor suggested it would help with his reflux to keep things down, and it really has, but if I had my way, I would not be feeding him any solids till after 6 months.

we have yet to start on any solids, maddi is on hungry baby forulma and is really happy with that, she's over four months so for me i'm happy to start introducing baby rice when she's ready, and i no she'll let me no when that is :) x

I started Bren on it at 5 months, but only because the doctor suggested it would help with his reflux to keep things down, and it really has, but if I had my way, I would not be feeding him any solids till after 6 months.

i was told 2 do that too by my doctor but my LO was 4 months
it really worked :D
hows ur LO doing with the reflux?

Kiara is only 7 weeks and is already taking 6x6oz bottles a day.
We tried her on the hungrier baby milk but she didn't take that very well she kept crying for more after every 2 hours on that milk. She ended up having 3 bottles in 6 hours so we went back to the first milk.

Just bought a box.Waiting until 25Nov when he is 6 months old.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->