Baby screams during feeding please help

hay23

Imogens Mummy
Reaction score
Hi All

My baby is nearly 12 weeks old and is being bottle fed. She has been diagnosed with having reflux and is on gaviscon but she seems to be getting worse. She will take a couple of ounces then go all rigid and scream like shes in pain and continues this while being winded as well. I just don't know what to do to help her? She used to take 6ozs every feed but now she will only take maybe 4 a time. I don't know if I should change her milk to another brand, shes on Sma gold at the moment, whether that would help or not.

If anyone has any experience or advice I would be very grateful.

Hayley xx

Hi hun. My baby has reflux too and Gaviscon doesn't really work. He was seen by a paediatrition and is now on Domperidone ( he was prescribed Omeprazole too but he had a bit of a reaction to it). It took about a week to work but now most of the time it's like having a different baby! Maybe ask to be referred to a paediatrition too as it doesn't seem that Gaviscon is working for your LO either. We also tried SMA Staydown for babies with reflux but we found it kept blocking the teats. Also try and keep upright as much as possible and maybe tilt her cot a little so she is not lying flat. Hope this helps a little hun. x

Thanks for the advice, I will definately talk to the health visitor about getting refered its just awful isn't it seeing your baby in so much pain and feeling you can't do anything for them. Glad your LO is getting better. Can I ask what milk you are using? I wasn't sure whether changing it would make any difference or not? Was thinking of changing to Aptimel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->