Baby Shower gift ideas for Hostess?

Squiggy

Rainbow Baby
Reaction score
I'm not sure quite where to post this so I'm going to hit you people up for answers since most showers are thrown in the 3rd tri.

My friend and her mom are hosting my baby shower and I need some gift ideas on what to give them for throwing my shower. They are putting in quite a bit of cash for this party and I'd like to give them both something in return and as a Thank You but I'm not sure what!! Can you give me ideas? Is it traditional to give your hostess(es) a gift for throwing you a shower? Is it tacky? What kind of gifts are acceptable?
Thanks!

I had my shower today and I got my hostess a nice bottle of wine and some flowers, I also got her mum a nice bottle as even though she wasn't there she did let us use her house as the venue.

I don't think the hostess would expect anything big,
It's more the thought than the gift I think.

My 2 aunts, MIL, and brother hosted my shower. For the ladies I got them a beautiful candle with matching fame and in the frame I put the attached photo that my hubby created. I also gave them a small thank you basket of custom made chocolates. For my brother I got him a gift card, a fame that says "I love my Uncle" and the chocolates. They really didn't expect anything but I just had to give them something for all that they did. I'm sure anything you give them will be appreciated.

Attachments

• Baby_Shower_ resize.jpg
    Baby_Shower_ resize.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 6
My aunt hosted my baby shower. I had a nice chocolate-covered strawberry bouquet delivered to her house by Edible Arrangements. I've ordered from them several times and have NEVER been disappointed. Everything is always super fresh and delicious. Plus, ordering online is so convenient. Definitely worth looking into!

I'm so glad you posted this- I feel bad I didn't even think about getting my hostesses (aunt and mom) gifts but I definitely will now! Maybe something along the lines of their favorite candles and wine.

My question is: do you give them the gift at the baby shower? or before/after?

Oooh, I certainly like the idea of fancy candles, wouldn't have thought of that. I'm not sure about the wine, they are particular about that stuff and I don't know about wines enough. I also like the idea of the edible arrangements.
Great ideas guys, thank you!

I got spa gift certificates for my hostess.

I got my sisters a bracelet from things remembered with their first initial engraved on the heart. They loved them! i even found a coupon online that saved me $20!! Just had to google like crazy to find it :) No matter what you get them, I'm sure they will love it! xo

https://www.thingsremembered.com/product/Triple-Bangle-Heart-Bracelet/157699.uts?keyword=bangles

i gave my momma, mother in law and mammaw flowers. they would have killed me if i would have gotten them anything else and didn't even expect the flowers lol they just put alot of time and money into it for us so i couldn't not say thank you & i gave it to them before the shower so they wouldn't get embarassed or anything lol

I've planned my shower, and bought the decor and game supplies. I will have more fun watching than having my mum sit out and watch. Saying that my mum is paying for all the food and the showers at mum and dads house so I have gotten mum a present.
It's a wooden "Mum" with a small picture frame at the end and the block its on says "mum is the sunshine of my life"
The present would have been done even if it was here because she's my Mummy and she went through alllll of this to have me :) and I think she should get a pressie because her baby is having a baby and she's helped us a lot (not just money wise)
My brothers girlfriend is helping but I'm giving her all my sexy high heel shoes so that's enough haha.
MIL gets nothing because she's a right selfish b*tch and I hate her :)

Edit: I'll be making a special 'thing' of it during the shower. She deserves the attention for everything she's done :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->