Baby Shower Gift Ideas

SadakoS

Reaction score
So, I wasn't going to have a baby shower as I hate things like that where all the attention is centered on me, but I've kind of been persuaded to have one, and now people are asking me what gifts I would like for the baby and I'm having trouble coming up with stuff! I've started an Amazon baby wish list and have about 6 things on there but I'm struggling to thing of more stuff to add. I obviously don't want to put anything expensive on there, because I feel awkward enough about people being expected to bring gifts so I've been picking things that are about £15 max. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

I had my shower at 37 weeks so I already had most of the big stuff so the friend who organized the shower made a gift basket of all the little things a FTM like me wouldn't think about (night lights, thermometer, bottles, bottle rack, etc. etc.) then asked for people to pitch in 15 euros each. It was perfect!

You could just ask some people who may be a bit more limited on funds to bring a pack of nappies - something you're always going to use!

I would add a range of things of different prices.. sometimes people like to put money together to get a bigger item instead of wasting money on smaller stuff you don't need!

I had mine last weekend and we already had most of the stuff we are going to need, so when people asked what we wanted I just told them to get something they would like baby to have, something personal to them.
That worked out really great as it was obvious people had out a bit of effort into their gifts for the baby and in a few years time, I'll be able to say "Sofi got you this before you were even born because it meant a lot to her"...

It made opening the gifts a lot easier too! There's only so many times you can smile opening a pack of nappies!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->