Baby shower

krys

Madi's Mommy
Reaction score
What are your opinions on baby showers for second babies?
I really want to have another baby shower, even though this is my second child. My first just wasn't a great experience, and I feel so much closer to my husbands family this time around. They weren't super involved in my last pregnancy, but they are in this one. I think it would be a really fun time, and I have so many more people that I want involved this time.

Also, what are your opinions on diaper raffles?

I don't really want a ton of gifts this time, especially since last time we just got so many clothes. Mostly really small ones and she wasn't able to wear everything, and had way more than she could ever need. I could not have been more grateful, but it did suck having to box away clothes that she outgrew before she even got to wear. I think a diaper raffle would be so much better, especially if everyone taped a gift receipt to the bottom in case we got too much of one size. I don't want anyone to feel obligated to buy, so I think this would be a fun (optional) thing to do instead. I would give out a big gift basket, and maybe even do a separate one for wipes with another gift basket. Then there will be favors and prizes for all of the games, so I think it would be fun for everyone!

If I do choose to do a diaper raffle, what is a fun way to word it on the invitation? Maybe a poem or something! Any ideas?

This is my first time being a mom and I am planning my own shower. Im having diaper n wipes raffle. This is the poem Im using.

Please bring a little extra from the heart
An unwrapped pack of diapers or wipes
To give them a good start!
For a chance to win a fabulous prize!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79