Baby showers.

I had a baby shower come 21st birthday bbq, was 33 weeks at that point. Was great fun

That's a good idea.. I'm due on March 22 so maybe I could have all of my friends over for a BBQ shower after the baby arrives so they can meet the baby, have some food and drinks, and it'll all be outside that way :) Assuming the weather is nice in April..

I'm 33 weeks and had my shower last Saturday afternoon. We opted for a couples shower with loads of food and drink (alcoholic and not - we don't drink, but many of our relatives do and I think the men appreciated being able to have a beer!)

We invited about 45 people (friends & family), and ~35 came (the others were either sick or are currently out of the province or country). It was a bit of a madhouse with 35 people in our 3-bedroom apartment, but we had a ball. There were people aged 25-85 all hanging around together playing silly games and talking, it was a terrific party. My two best girlfriends organized the entire thing, my husband greeted people at the door and took coats, and everyone mingled and ate until they nearly burst.

I highly recommend registering. We tried, but the store's registry machine has been broken for the past six weeks so everyone resorted to getting whatever they felt like. We ended up with WAY too many clothes and still need to buy quite a few essentials, but the shower gifts definitely put a dent in what we need to purchase for ourselves.

I have my registry finished for Babies R Us, I did most of it online actually.. I tried to register at Sears and the woman was an idiot, knew I was waiting.. and continued to gab on her personal cellphone, on an obviously personal phone call, rather than helping me.. so I just left. Wish I had complained about her, I had 2 negative experiences 2 days in a row at the same Sears store!! :gun:

I wish I could have a huge party, guys and girls, but I don't know how many of the guys would show up, I'd also have to have it at a hall or something and I don't really want to get a license to serve liquor to be honest.. haha.

My mom and her friends are throwing me a baby shower toward the end of March. I'm due April 16th. They are going to book a venue and have everyone bring a covered dish. My mom is baking my baby shower cake. I found it online and fell in love with it. I'll post the site below.

Also, DH's family (19 y/o daughter, mother, sister & family and brother) lives 670 miles away so they will be visiting after the baby is born and I'm sure there will be tons of gifts from them.

Here's the link for the cake:

https://members.nuvox.net/~zt.proicer/cakepict/buggy.htm

Hi,

My friend was going to organise a baby shower for me when im around 35 weeks but Im thinking it might be nicer to have it after the babys born as that way everyone could meet the baby in one go and won't hassle me straight after he or she is born !

Also some of the people going to are not close friends, more friends of friends so they wouldn't be likely to visit me at home when had baby so probably be easier if they met baby then.

I think my MIL is planning one for me. I live 2,500 miles away from my side of the family so I wont be able to have one with them. I'm looking forward to the shower!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->