Baby slings/carriers

Lol78

Reaction score
Any advice would be welcome. I'm starting from not knowing much at all, I have no one friends who appear to own a baby carrier (although loads of friends with babies!) so can't ask them and at the moment no baby to try one out with but I would love to have a carrier here for when baby arrives.

I would like to carry as much as possible, from as early as possible.

I'm confused between the wrap around types and the buckle/ring types, whether to go for stretchy or woven wraps, how easy I will find them, etc.
I would really appreciate any advice. Thank you.

My personal experience:

0-4 months - stretchy wrap - upright position facing inwards. I had a Kari-me.
4 months plus - mei tai on back - I made my own but I believe Babyhawk are very good.
5 months plus - woven wrap on back - I had a 4.6m Ellaroo and used rucksack and back wrap cross carries. Also used for hip carries.
Currently - almost exclusively use a woven wrap - Ellaroo 4.6m or 2.6m for torso carries. Also have an Ellaroo ring sling for short journeys.

Don't forget to have a look at the review thread; gives you a better idea of what's on the market and if they're any good https://www.babyandbump.com/natural-parenting/279740-carrier-review-thread.html

Thanks TTCC4No3, I didn't know that existed, but will be very useful.

I decided on a mei tai and used this site to help me make the decision...

https://www.thebabywearer.com/index.php?page=choosinglinks

Oh, good site. I've looked at the comparison page and think I want an upadded stretchy sling, later on if I get on with it I might go for a woven one. So exciting!!

Stretchies like the moby or kari me are great starter slings, and lots speak highly of the close carrier. Personally i preferred woven wraps, and ringslings but i had been carrying DS3 since he was 6 weeks old and had a good idea what i liked.disliked by then.

Try naturalmamas (i can't post links yet sorry) for lots more info on slings, there is a fab buy/sell section on there where you can buy second hand slings cheaper and can usually sell them on again without losing too much money, sometimes just postage. Also check slingmeet to find out whether there are any meets near where you live so you can see what options are available to you before buying and some even have sling libraries.

Happy shopping, warning slings are very addictive :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->