Baby wants to feed all the time..??

cat lover

Mummy to 2 girls
Reaction score
Hi ladies :flower:

I posted the other day about LO having lost weight. Try as I might to express etc I just couldn't do it so am giving one bottle of formula a day - my desire to exclusively BF has been overshadowed by wanting to get her weight up. :cry:

But my question is this - LO wants to BF pretty much ALL the time. I give her what seems like a decent feed but quite often she wants more about 15 mins later and I seem to feed her all day long. Is this normal? Is it natures way of trying to help with her weight? I never expected this - do most of you get a couple of hours between feeds? I don't have the chance to do anything hardly, even go the loo and am worried that this surely can't be normal?

Thanks so much xx

Sorry, don't have any advice - I'm in the same boat so am interested to see what advice people have!

Best of luck!

C xxx

How old is your baby? Clara fed constantly for about the first 3 weeks and then again for a few days at 6 weeks and 9 weeks during her growth spurts. It's perfectly normal.

I just replied on the champions thread, completely normal! :hugs:

My son fed all the time in the beginning, even up to 4-5 months he was feeding along with comfort nursing pretty much constantly. I rarely ever left the house!

It's very normal, especially early on.

I agree - normal, I'm afraid :flower: It does get better though! Keep on at it and it will all be worth it!

Very normal. The first few weeks felt like I was always feeding. Constant feeding increases your milk supply and helps baby get the food they need.

Set yourself up a little nursing station, with drinks, snacks and entertainment close by and go with it. Be assured this stage doesn't last for ever and once you get past 6 weeks the feeds will get shorter and more spread out. Is LO big enough for a sling? If you can find one that you feel comfortable feeding in you could get a little more time to do stuff. A few strategically places scarfs and you can even go out and feed on the move.

How old is your baby? Clara fed constantly for about the first 3 weeks and then again for a few days at 6 weeks and 9 weeks during her growth spurts. It's perfectly normal.

She is 16 days. Thak you everyone for the advice x

Very very normal Hun. First few weeks Owen fed all the time, we are going through 6week growth spurt and spent the last 3 days nursing constantly the day, i barely had time to pee and cook dinner lol. Buttoday IM very full and all baby is doing is eating and sleeping. Yay. Just hang in there and it will pass and be so worth it!!!

Toby is the same age and definaely wants to eat all the time at the moment, so happy to hear its normal and that it gets easier too.

At this age, they have lots of little growth spurts, when they want to feed pretty much constantly. It's their way of increasing your milk supply. It does pass and things get much easier.

Weight gain is only part of the picture. There are other ways to make sure your baby is getting enough milk. Plenty of wet and dirty nappies, feeding frequently, can you hear swallowing sounds, baby is alert & not too sleepy.

all normal hun :) just keep feeding it will all become easy soon :) hang in there xx

Charley does this. The past three days, it has been every hour practically. Her doctor warned me things would be like this, and gave me the "dates" to expect it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->