Baby wearing

Congrats! My toddler is currently maxing out the Ergo weight limit (40lbs) and it pains me to think it's time to move on... it's addictive!! :) He was, once upon a time, the same age as your lil guy! Amazing endurance that ergo has!

Wow Aliss! Alexandre is already almost 40lbs? That's amazing - I remember when Bun was bigger than him. He's still very tall, but kind of a skinny no-butt :haha:

Your ergo will get more use once #2 comes along! :hugs:

Congrats! My toddler is currently maxing out the Ergo weight limit (40lbs) and it pains me to think it's time to move on... it's addictive!! :) He was, once upon a time, the same age as your lil guy! Amazing endurance that ergo has!

Wow Aliss! Alexandre is already almost 40lbs? That's amazing - I remember when Bun was bigger than him. He's still very tall, but kind of a skinny no-butt :haha:

Haha well he's at 36lbs and counting, it's unbelievable, he wears size 4 toddler and size 9-10 shoe, I don't understand why he's so freaking big. :shrug: I'm 5'5 and 130lbs :rofl:

I can't wait to use the ergo with #2!!! I bought it when Alex was 6 weeks so this will be a new experience but I do have a sleepy wrap and hotsling for the beginning too. Tossed out my infantino sway bag sling that I used from 0-6 weeks :dohh:

Is there a page in here with pictures of each type of wrap, etc? I want to see which one is the one I like but want to see what looks like it'd be the best choice for me! It'll be for newborn up to one year, maybe longer.

Is there a page in here with pictures of each type of wrap, etc? I want to see which one is the one I like but want to see what looks like it'd be the best choice for me! It'll be for newborn up to one year, maybe longer.

In the NP section we have a thread called "Let's see you babywearing" with hundreds of photos but no actual "library" of specific carriers.

For up to 1+, you'll want either a woven wrap (not Moby brand wrap) or soft structure carrier. You could use a ring sling too but 1+ might get too heavy, I know mine certainly did.

Here's my 0-2 Ergo brand (soft structure). Good sturdy carrier. My son is quite large for his age (around 99% for weight/height). Same sling in all 3 pictures so you can see how they really sprout and bust out of them :rofl:

Newborn:
39742_10150226897865317_542980316_13802338_5752918_n.jpg

1st birthday (about 25lbs):
mommy.jpg

2nd birthday (about 35lbs):
qwinter.jpg

Haha well he's at 36lbs and counting, it's unbelievable, he wears size 4 toddler and size 9-10 shoe, I don't understand why he's so freaking big. :shrug: I'm 5'5 and 130lbs :rofl:

I can't wait to use the ergo with #2!!! I bought it when Alex was 6 weeks so this will be a new experience but I do have a sleepy wrap and hotsling for the beginning too. Tossed out my infantino sway bag sling that I used from 0-6 weeks :dohh:

I love the sleepy wrap for when they are tiny - my daughter was in hers for the better part of 3 months until we switched to a woven wrap. I wouldn't have survived without a carrier having a toddler running around! Also after carrying a toddler, the baby seems so light and effortless to carry :haha: Though mine has turned into a right chunk and was almost 18lbs at 4 months :wacko:

Bun also wears size 3-4T and in a size 9 shoe (he's around 31-32lbs) but he's skinny - not solid at all! But he's a few months older then A if I remember correctly.

Menwearing babies it is soooo hot! I made my hubby babywear and he loved it. Anyone else's OH love babywearing? I notice it's fairly common here in Edinburgh for daddies to push a push chair or wear their LOs

Mine really enjoys it but he gets lots more stares than I do!

Menwearing babies it is soooo hot! I made my hubby babywear and he loved it. Anyone else's OH love babywearing? I notice it's fairly common here in Edinburgh for daddies to push a push chair or wear their LOs

My LO babywears too! I do see it quite a bit where I live tho.

My hubby used to babywear while we were using the crotch-dangler because it was black. Now i bought the beco gemini nova, he thinks it looks gay because it has pink bits on it :(
https://www.globalenfant.com/beco-baby-carrier-gemini-nova-p-1951.html

My hubby used to babywear while we were using the crotch-dangler because it was black. Now i bought the beco gemini nova, he thinks it looks gay because it has pink bits on it :(

Same.

My mai tei even has a camouflage reversible side to it and he still has no interest. :shrug:

Same.

My mai tei even has a camouflage reversible side to it and he still has no interest. :shrug:

My DH won't, even though my MT is black but the flowery middle makes it a no go for him. He used my ring sling in the house before though.

my husband babywears with our beco butterfly, takes her out most mornings when he walks the dog, he loves it :thumbup:

Found this video on YouTube so hopefully it will help some who are struggling with a back carry that's too low. :thumbup:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59oTw0NyTbY

That's great. I wonder how that will work with bigger babies who yank on hair as soon as they touch them.

That's great. I wonder how that will work with bigger babies who yank on hair as soon as they touch them.

It's sort of like nursing a teether - they will eventually learn to stop with gentle discipline but there are a few ouchie moments for mom. Eeek, I remember when my boy first started hair pulling! :rofl:

Mine loves my hair :dohh: I tell him no, but he keeps doing it. He's still got time yet. I don't let him get away with just hauling at my head

My OH loves to carry LO, but hasn't much since we got the Ergo. He finds the buckles a bit annoying so we are thinking of getting a mai tai eventually or something with longer straps. Though I think once LO is being back carried he will love it again.

My Ergo arrived today and I love it!!! I can't wait to get out and do something tomorrow just so I can put him in it!

Thanks for posting that video, Ozzie! I was struggling to get him into the MT with it up that high... the method she used looks pretty simple. :thumbup:

After much deliberation and numerous library loans, a Boba 3g was bought and delivered last week :happydance:. Its sooo pretty - the kangaroo design :kiss:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->