Baby Whines and Whines .... :o(

MelanieSweets

Reaction score
Hello,

My nearly 4month old is driving me insane, wherever I put him at home he just whines on the point of tears and its really giving me a headache, he is fine when we are out in the car or in the buggy, but he just never seems happy wherever he is, he has been whining for the last 30mins now and its contant he's been fed, winded and nappy changed and he is still doing it, when i go over to him he stops and is fine but I feel like throttling him .... I suffer with PND mainly due to him being such a hard baby anyway but this is getting silly really I cant do anymore than I do and its making me not want to be with him as it annoys me so much I was always very maternal but its put me off haivng anymore actually :( any advice??

Thanks x

I'm sorry to hear this hun, big hugs to you. Any chance he's just tired and a bit grumpy? I know what you mean it gets so annoying just having a constant grizzle! ethan does this and keeps going till he can go to sleep. not sure if thats any help but didnt want to read and run x

Hello..

I've recently had my first so don't have much experience but didn't want to read and run. Do you have any help? I ask this because recently I felt like this. I've dealt with it by just accepting that babies are supposed to whine, whimper and cry on a daily basis. I've started telling my little one 'no' every time I see her starting to pull the crying face. I don't know if she understands but it seems to work. I also try distracting her by singing or laughing and then she smiles herself. Maybe you could try some gripe water or something. Or perhaps watch a bit of telly and ignore the whines for a bit? I sometimes stick Amelia in a rocker and put cartoons on and get some cooking done in the kitchen. I don't know if I've helped but I just wanted to reply because I can really understand how you feel. Take care.:hugs:

Have you considered 'wearing' him? Using a sling or wrap to hold him close to you, but leaving your hands free to get on with other things. Some babies have a strong need to be near their primary caregiver.

I wonder if its an age thing?
Alex has been more whiney recently and few other people with babies the same age have said the same.
Maybe because they are more alert and want to do more but they physicaly cant so the only way to vent the frustration is to whine!

awwwww hun :hugs:

I find that Lucas has days like this usually when im down, feeling ill or just generally knackered, its like he picks up on it and of course these are the days when i just need chill out time and can't deal with screaming baby !

Is he teething ? Does he have a dummy ? Whats he like if you pop him in front of the tv for 10 mins ?

Have you got a jumperoo ? Lucas loves his is always in a good mood when he's been in it.

i wonder if it is because he is coming to an age where he realises he would prefer to be near to you than alone hun... It can be very demanding though and fustrating if you are trying to get on with things... Definatley consider wearing him, my sling is a lifesaver if Zack just wants cuddles and i want to get some things done :)

When my lo gets like this, I stick his soother in :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->