Baby yoga & baby swimming lessons? Would you recomend?

Yazz_n_bump

Me, Fiancé & Jack! :)
Reaction score
Hi girlies.
Seeing as my LO is now 3 months old and we're no longer having problems with his feeding and things I've decided to get LO involved in some activities to get us out of the house and doing fun things to help him learn.
I don't fancy going to mum & babies groups as the one by me is full of older mums and I feel really put off by that.. (I'm only 19 and I don't know why but I feel it'll be very awkard and hard to make friends for Jack & me there!! - Before you start I know older mums are lovely too but it's just nervey for me!)
I've seen this place for baby swimming lessons in a special place designed for babies! It's quite expensive - £100 for 10 lessons.. but my old teacher from senior school recomended it to me as that's where she takes her son and my dad also told me about the place! Is it worth taking him swimming lessons do you think? Or should I wait until he's a bit older?
Also baby yoga!! I found a group that runs every wednesday (£30 for 6 lessons can't go wrong) that is highly recomended too... does anyone else go to baby yoga and suggest it?

I did mum and baby yoga from when LO was about 6 weeks old, it was a bit hit and miss and depended on the babies' moods! But I think at 3 months it'll probably be a bit better.

Would definitely recommend swimming, and those lessons sound good. If it's a heated pool so much the better. We couldn't afford 'private' lessons so went to the SureStart ones at local pool which was freezing. Other friends who paid for lessons in a heated pool seemed to get on much better than we did, although there were also some ladies who only did the Surestart ones and their LOs were fine (mine is a bit of a wimp!).

I can't speak for baby yoga as I've never tried but we do swimming and my little one loves it. We started when he was about five months.
Ours are around £6.90 a lesson. That's at our local public sports centre. We've got a bargain as although I had hoped to meet other parents there (I'm not big on baby groups either) but we are the only people in the class, so we get one on one tuition!

I've not tried yoga but we do swimming. Lo is a bit unsure still but I think it's a key skill.

The thing we've done since he was 6 weeks old and he LOVES is baby sensory. Its the highlight of my week, we both love it!

We also do bounce and rhyme at the local surestart centre. They run lots of free activites like massage, messy play and baby gym and i've met quite a lot of people who go regularly.

We've just started with Water Babies and I definitely recommend it :) It seems expensive but when you think about it you'd be paying a fiver or so to go to a pool nyway, it's wrmer than other pools and they and you are being taught. It was our first lesson and they went underwater for a moment... I wouldn't have the guts or know how to go bout doing that on my own! x

We did swimming witht he sure start centres and it was great. Ava-Mae was 13 weeks when we started and she loves it (not the getting changed part though!) It is really good for building their confidence in the water and also yours. All we did basically was sing various nursery rhymes, do different things with the baby in the pool, dunked them a few times. Most of the babies in the group we were in liked it too.

We are thinking of doing a course which a similar thing, but obviously you have to pay for it.

We also do baby yoga with the sure start centre. It is really good. But as someone mentioned above, it can be hit and miss depending on what mood LO is in. My lesson is at 2:30 and Ava-Mae is a bit tired by then so can be a bit of a mizog. But it's really relaxed and the instructor doesn't expect you to make your baby do something they obviously aren't in the mood for, so you don't feel bad for sitting back and watching others.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->