Babys belly as big as her head lol

mummy2lola

Mum to 2 trying for 3
Reaction score
I just checked my 34wk growth scan chart and it stated

hc=315mm
ac=311mm
fl=67mm

the head and leg are pertty much centre of the chart but her belly is right at the top end.looks like she's gonna take after mummy lol xx

I'm pretty sure bubs belly is supposed to be the sameish size as head anyway. So don't worry x

ha ha i just looked at my 28 week growth scan and it says hc - 274 and ac - 271
like yours - how strange

xxx

haha same as me, his head size is on middle line, but his belly is way at the top of the graph lmao... MW said its nothing to worry about as the belly is all soft, if the head was large that is what would do the damage :p x

They should be about the same once you get to later pregnancy anyway. I had a growth scan last week because I have GD and I was really upset when the sonographer told me head and tummy were both 95th percentile - I was worried I'd not been controlling my GD very well. But then the midwife explained it wasn't due to GD because the head and tummy are in proportion to each other and the same size. If tummy is bigger than head then that's potentially a problem.

Exactly the same thing happened to me, but as long as its inside the "normal" range its fine.

They should be about the same once you get to later pregnancy anyway. I had a growth scan last week because I have GD and I was really upset when the sonographer told me head and tummy were both 95th percentile - I was worried I'd not been controlling my GD very well. But then the midwife explained it wasn't due to GD because the head and tummy are in proportion to each other and the same size. If tummy is bigger than head then that's potentially a problem.

You have got me worried now :(

You have got me worried now :(

I think she meant potentially a problem when you have GD. If your midwife says it's fine then I'm sure it's fine.

Jennie123 I am the same. Mahoosive belly and average head. Midwife doesn't seem concerned.

My baby's head and belly are roughly the same too and they are both in around the 75th centile! I am worried about it too. I have consultant appt tomorrow so we'll see what she says but my daughter got stuck and this baby's size is nothing but a worry to me.

At 31 weeks mine were:

AC: 289
HC: 299

I am hoping they might give me another growth scan in a few weeks....

I am sure we will both be just fine :)

my babys belly is bigger than her head lol she a fatty bum

my 34 week scan was

HC=312mm
AC=324mm
FL=66mm

she was measurig at 5lb 14oz

My baby's head and belly are roughly the same too and they are both in around the 75th centile! I am worried about it too. I have consultant appt tomorrow so we'll see what she says but my daughter got stuck and this baby's size is nothing but a worry to me.

At 31 weeks mine were:

AC: 289
HC: 299

I am hoping they might give me another growth scan in a few weeks....

I am sure we will both be just fine :)

I'm worried about mine because it's 95th percentile (head and tummy). I may have a CS anyway because baby is still breech, but I'm going to ask if baby does turn whether it is still feasible for me to have vaginal delivery with baby being big.

haha same as me, his head size is on middle line, but his belly is way at the top of the graph lmao... MW said its nothing to worry about as the belly is all soft, if the head was large that is what would do the damage :p x

noooooooo i don't wanna know this...my baby's head is off the charts mahoosive measuring 99th percentile!!! AC and FL are normal.

EEKKKK!!

at my 28 week scan my babys head was at the 93rd percentile, where has her belly was only at the 30th percentile, o_O doctor, was happy with that and again told me the same as you SW121 that it's if it's the other way round they get worried. I'm also worried about delivering a big head lol, all my doctor said was in a way it's good news as once the heads out you will have no problem.

I spoke with my midwife, she said having a big tummy isnt anything to worry about, it can be a sign on Diabietes, but if you have had the test and it was negative its ok, it just shows that the placenta is doing its job properly and feeding the baby lots haha..in other words he is greedy ;) xxx

I don't know what my LO's sizes were but we had an ultrasound the Monday before he was born. His abdomen was measuring over 40 weeks (only 37.5 at the time) and it just jumped from the 35 week scan. Because of this they did the amnio to check his lung maturity (he was good to go!) and induced at 38 weeks. I have had big babies in the past and born at 38 weeks so my ob didn't want to risk him getting "stuck". I am sure if your mw/ob had concerns they would have let you know! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->