Baby's hands cold

VanWest

1 baby, 4 step-kids
Reaction score
Noah's hands are always cold when he's not wraped. When do they start to keep themselves warm? Im struggling with his temp. If I wrap him he gets to hot, if I unwrap him his hands get cold. Is this normal?

i remember both chloe and callum always having cold hands and feet, and i mean like blocks of ice!!! im sure its pretty common in a baby hun

Anna gets cold hands too... and my sister Laura who is now 19 had blue toes as a child!

I remember reading in my baby books that it completely normal for tiny babies to have cold hands- it's not an indication of body temperature. If he seems comfortable then I'm sure he's fine but if you start wrapping him up until his hands warm up he's going to be overdressed. xxx

i found this for you:
Babies' hands and feet can look blue or feel cold. This is because their circulation is still immature and does not necessarily mean that they are cold. If you are concerned that your baby may be cold, feel the neck or take his or her temperature. from https://www.ucsfhealth.org/childrens/edu/wellBaby/week1.html
:hugs:

what about little mittens?? i can remember my daughters hand being cold quite alot so she wore mittens.

if your babys able to leave them on, its worth a try.

callum used to have really cold hands, especially through the nite, they were like blocks of ice, they are fine now tho. I wouldnt worry about it.

Colton's are like that.. his hands and his feet are ALWAYS cold, even if he feels like he is about to bust out a sweat.

Hannah always seems to have cold hands so I try to keep mittens on them. She is such a wriggler though that they never stay on for long!

His hands are to small for the newborn mittens right now, and to big for the preemie one's lol. Sometimes I use socks

hiya again :)

do you know I think this may be a premmie thing, my little boy always had a problem with getting his hands/feet warm too and turned completely blue coming out of the bath, but he grew out of it at 7-8 months.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->