baby's head size.

NoSpringChick

Reaction score
I am getting a bit paranoid about my lo's head.
I knew her head was small for her size as it was measuring in at 34wks at 38+ weeks pregnant and it was 35cms at birth and at 8 weeks was only 1 1/2cms more - this might be an average growth I don't know... but it didnt seem alot to me, and even newborn hats are loose on her.

Anyway it is getting commented on that she is tiny when in her pram and only her head is seen .... she is and always has been on the 75% centile and was over 11lb at 8 weeks, and 8:10 1/2 born, and is in 3-6 month old clothes - so she isn't a small baby by any means

Anyone been through the same and the heads caught up?

She's very bright and isn't slow but i feel a bit annoyed when people comment - it was a woman today in a shop saying she looked tiny and must have been very light at birth- all this from her head! :wacko:

And on another subject, how do you keep people from touching your babies face? I don't want people doing it as I don't know where they've been or who they are! and one woman stunk of fags doing it :nope:

And one more thing!! I seem to be getting pram rage! No longer do I care if the pram runs peoples feet over - and no mopre will I get out of the way when someone younger can walk round the pram - one woman today expected me to walk the pram into the road rather than her move out of the way - I am thinking of making the pram into one of those fighting chariots with spikes and stuff coming out of the wheels :haha::kiss:

I wouldn't get paranoid about her head size at all, she looks adorable! I would just ignore people, they are just saying the first thing that comes to mind because they can't think of anything else interesting to say, it bugs me that people always feel they need to comment.
My sons head circ was on the 99.6th centile at 36 week growth scan and at 4 weeks old. I was a bit worried at first but babies come in all different shapes and sizes and he is perfect how he is, as is your LO. People have always said that he's big. I havent had his head measured for a while though but a 3-6 month hat is tight on him.

Hmmm I've wondered this too, it's hard because you don't want to be rude and just say "Don't touch my baby" lol, but yeah I had that, a woman who was smoking at the time went in to touch him GRR she wreaked, luckily Theo let out a cry as she put her hand towards him, YAY, and she stopped. I guess you could just pretend you are in a hurry and push the pram away as they go to touch lol.

LMAO at the chariot thing and spikes, i said exactly the same thing to my OH when we were in town and people just stand there and don't move! RIGHT in the middle of the path! TALKING! I get so angry. Don't you just want to ram right into them :D

What centile is her head on? Amelie is 50th for length and 2nd for head so we have a peahead over here too. Try and not worry about it, does your OH or yourself have a small head?

As for the touching thing, just tell people no when they put their hands in your pram :shrug: really no easy way.

a 35cm head is pretty average all my 4 were around that one was 34 another 36 and around 2cm growth is good for the first few weeks, we all have different size and shape heads so i wouldnt worry about it..archies head was 36 and hes 6 months now and can still fit into 0-3 they seem to make them really big

as for touching face if the go to touch los face i used to just turn the pram and say "thats how infections spread" people soon stop when you say something like that

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->