Babys injections,are you having them done?

mum2b2009

mummy of two boys!
Reaction score
I was wondering what your views are on injections that babys have? are you having them? my mum does not agree with them and i have heard that one of them can cause autisum? any advice please x

I will be getting caitlin done, imo its not worth the risk not too.

There is no proof of any link between the MMR and autism, and the early jabs aren't for this anyway AFAIK.

I did get her immunised as to be honest, I am a teacher and have seen kids who didn't have jabs get measles and they came into contact with me when I was pg - I felt angry at the parents for not getting the jab as now I was at risk because of that choice. Measles, whooping cough etc are serious illnesses and I wouldn't want Ilana to get them.

I understand that it is a personal choice though.

i'd suggest doing some research to make your mind up, you could start with the book on vaccinations by Dr Holstrom (think thats how you spell it!) and also another by Dr Sears (both are easily available on amazon)

Yeah I agree, I would spend some time doing some research to see what you feel most comfortable with.

We chose not to vaccinate. We based our decision alot on the risk of the disease if they get it, the chances of them actually getting the diseases and the benefits of the disease (such as lifetime immunity) vs the fact they would for sure come into the vaccines, the risks and benefits of that and the ingredients in the vaccines and the risks they pose

I did get her immunised as to be honest, I am a teacher and have seen kids who didn't have jabs get measles and they came into contact with me when I was pg - I felt angry at the parents for not getting the jab as now I was at risk because of that choice.

you can still catch the illness even if you've had the immunisation, it just means you're likely to fight it off quicker...thats my understanding anyway...? plus, i don't know your age, but i'm 27 and my parents gave me the vaccines as a baby which included measles and such like so i'd imagine you had them too if you're a similar age so you and baby would have been protected anyway...?

I did get her immunised as to be honest, I am a teacher and have seen kids who didn't have jabs get measles and they came into contact with me when I was pg - I felt angry at the parents for not getting the jab as now I was at risk because of that choice.

you can still catch the illness even if you've had the immunisation, it just means you're likely to fight it off quicker...thats my understanding anyway...? plus, i don't know your age, but i'm 27 and my parents gave me the vaccines as a baby which included measles and such like so i'd imagine you had them too if you're a similar age so you and baby would have been protected anyway...?

About catching the illness if you've had the jabs..........This is only the case if you have a week immune system to start with and don't produce any or enough antibodies. It is very rare.

Babies are protected from some illness when antibodies cross the placenta but not enough to stop them from getting the serious illnesses.

Measles, mumps, rubella and whooping cough are on the increase due to parents not choosing to vaccinate their children and these illnesses can be killers and cause serious disability.

At the end of the day its a personal choice. I am fully immunising my son.

And the MMR vaccine DOES NOT CAUSE AUTISM

It's best to do your research and make up your own mind so you are happy with the pros and cons

xxx

It is a personal choice but for me I couldn't not give my LO his injections. I was nervous at how he would react but to be honest he was fine, he didn't have a temperature or anything. He has only had his first set but he will be having all of them. In my opinion the risk of the injections is far far less than the risks if he actually got one of the diseases. Vaccines are very safe.

I also researched the MMR vaccine and link with autism, turns out the rumour is false. It started because the age that the MMR vaccine is given to children at the age when the signs of autism start to present themselves, thus leading people to believe that the two are linked.

Hope this helps x

It is a personal choice but for me I couldn't not give my LO his injections. I was nervous at how he would react but to be honest he was fine, he didn't have a temperature or anything. He has only had his first set but he will be having all of them. In my opinion the risk of the injections is far far less than the risks if he actually got one of the diseases. Vaccines are very safe.

I also researched the MMR vaccine and link with autism, turns out the rumour is false. It started because the age that the MMR vaccine is given to children at the age when the signs of autism start to present themselves, thus leading people to believe that the two are linked.

Hope this helps x

same with me, hun
I think you're a sensible caring mummy.
I know it's a personal choice but for me the benefits FAR out weigh the risk
xxx

ive had all mine done but wont give them the swine flu jab

I have had my last 2 babies immunised and will also do so with my daughter (tomorrow actually). The immunisations are there to help protect your child not cause harm and the MMr does not cause autism. The study that went on about that has been disproved and the author of it did a lot of harm as we had nearly eradicated measles in this country but coz of the so called 'link' to autism the uptake of immunisations dropped leaving more children at risk. When i was 11 weeks pregnant a girl in my sons nursery class had german measles (hadnt been immunised!) and i was exposed to her before i knew. I cant help but feel if i had contracted this and my baby died or was deformed because of it i would be really angry as her parents decision had affected MY life. Im not saying u should immunise to suit other people, it has to be your decision but it is something to take into consideration. I decided that as no one has died from being immunised but plenty have died or been left with a lot of problems due to catching diseases that hey cud have been immunised against then that made my mind up pretty quickly. As someone else said the benefits far outweight the risks.

I don't want to cause a debate just point out something....people have and do die from immunizations. Just this year in the US alone 123 people have died from vaccines, that's directly linked to the vaccines. Obviously a pretty small number compared to what is vaccinated but there are tons of adverse reactions to vaccines too. But to say people don't die from vaccines just isn't true. Yes people die from the diseases too. I'm not trying to sway her either way, just offer my opinion and information.

Also the vaccines don't just fail in kids with weak immune systems, they just aren't 100%, they don't work for everyone. You can look up the rates of how effective each vaccine is, but none is 100%.

I was, fortunately, but I had a real panic for a while until i found out.

had my LO done...for me the risks of getting the illness are not worth it!

he was fine with all his jabs

Its always a difficult one, if i could see into the future and find out what my son would be exposed to and how he sick he would be with them I would choose not to vaccinate, but I cant so I have had them done. Its good like everyone says to do your research and then you can make an informed choice, obviously there are risks and benefits to having them done and not having them done.

I am a Nurse and probably cos I work in health care it was easier for me to make the decision, I have seen kids die and be left with disabling conditions as a result of not being immunised and then contracting some of these conditions. I dont want to take the risk.

Do your research and Good Luck making your decision, its your child dont let anyone bully you into the decision.

i will def be getting my child vaccinated, i feel privileged that we live in a country that provides this. I presume the jag you are talking about is the MMR, like others have said, there is no real proof to back it up that it causes autism. I however took the options of holding off until my daughter was 18 months before i got hers done normal age is 13 months. The primary vaccinations a baby gets done i think are essential. Your health visitor should be able to provide you with good information regarding all vaccinations.

i have chosen not to vaccinate. that may change at some point but it is doubtful because of the ingredients in vaccines.

My aunt it a hv and I talked to her a lot about this. Useful things she said:

You might not die from measles if you catch it, but it can affect you, e.g. eyesight and hearing problems, which will affect you for the rest of your life.

If there was an outbreak in your area and your child wasn't immunised, how near the front of the queue for immunisation would you be then? If you would go pretty quickly, then surely there is no reason not to immunise in the first place?

Also, I have travelled all over the world and would not have been able to do so without the basic immunisations, as well as the extras like Hep A and B. And I wouldn't want to deny my children the opportunity to do this. I know they could decide for themselves when older, but I also believe they are more protected when young.

i will be getting them done - theres a big thing at the moment about children not being able to get into school if they havent had them. which i agree with - but like every body said its persanel preferance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->