babys last names/marriage

Uvlollypop

finally a mum
Reaction score
my ohs mum asked last night if we were getting married,and what the babys last name would be. we hadn't really thought about it.

we do want to get married at some point... what do you guys think? is it better to get married before a babys born? is it really important for the baby to have the dads last name? should i put the baby in his name if we want to get married anyway to save confusion in the future?

lots to think about eh!

Me and my OH aren't married but she'll be having his last name. Doesn't bother me, I hate mine anyway.

My baby is having my last name and if I marry Shaun he will take on my name also. I'm an only child so I'm the last person to have my name and it will die with me if I don't pass it on. Luckily Shaun supports that :) xXx

yeah i think he would take my name maybe i should ask, what do ya think molly argent or molly thomas?! :-S lol

My baby is having my last name and if I marry Shaun he will take on my name also. I'm an only child so I'm the last person to have my name and it will die with me if I don't pass it on. Luckily Shaun supports that :) xXx

Wooow I never though of it like that!
Im an only child.. Hmmm :baby:

My girl will be taking daddy's surname. We plan to get married and i'll be taking his surname when we do.

I think i would have given her his surname even if we weren't going to marry. The only way i wouldnt give her his surname is if like nikki says, you plan to take your surname if you marry or if i was on bad terms with him. ie. he didn't want to be involved.

xxx

hey sweet.my baby is having my OH last name because I figure if we're going to get married at some point anyway,we'll all have it.I think its just more traditional (also my last name is boring as hell) x

They're both nice last names.. If one of them sucked you'd find it so much easier lol!

If you are getting married I'd go your Oh's name. That way you won't have to change babies name later. Saves time, money and confusion!

whether im still with OH or not or if we get married the baby is taking his surname, its his child so it gets his surname. simple as in my little head lol

Ive not made up my mind yet! I expect LO will take my surname and then if me and OH get married someday down the line then we'll both change our names to his.
Im sure we wont split up but I know a few people who have given their OH's surnames to their children and then split up and its caused so many more problems than if they'd have kept their own.

What kind of problems? I'm getting worried now with how much me and Rich argue..

My baby is taking mine, this is because my son has mine and i want them the same, plus she wont carry his surname on, if me and oh get married then all off us will take his surname.

:dohh:

I don't even think it's worth me saying I want her to have my last name. It'd just cause another arguement and I don't really want her to anyway lol

im going to talk to james about taking my name, as my mum changed my brothers name so the thomas clan wont really get very far!

What kind of problems? I'm getting worried now with how much me and Rich argue..

I might be wrong but i think it gives the father more rights when LO has his surname (if you were to split for any reason).

xxx

Ah, I'm not worried about that. He'd never stop me having her and I'd never stop him seeing her. No problems there! :)

I'm not with my other half anymore but baby is still getting his daddy's surname. I just think it's the way it should be, obviously unless you're getting married and he takes your name but it's up to you at the end of the day.

xx

Our LO will have both our surnames - they sound good together.

I don't expect OH and I will get married cos both our parents are divorced and we've seen how things can get if it turns bad but if we did I'd have both surnames aswell so makes sense for us.

Me and my OH actually just got hitched at the registry office a couple of weeks ago (i took his surname, he would have had mine but his first name is the same as my brothers and well it would have just been a bit odd!). We were planning on getting married this year anyway, if i wasn't pregnant. He is a bit traditional and wanted us with the same name when bub arrives, but also (probably shouldnt admit it) they are bringing back married mans tax allowance so it will actually save us money each month! Bargain! lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->