babys last names/marriage

I've been with Dan for almost 10 years and we are not married. Both kids have his surname and so will LO when he is born.

I must admit, I feel a bit of an outsider. LOL

I'm using my own surname

as if i have a baby boy he is the only one who can carry on our surname as my family are the only ones of it :)

x

Mine is going to have both last names,hyphenated...but we're not together so...your decision.xx

Baby Hughes is having daddy's surname otherwise there will be no one to carry on the family name.

I on the other hand have 7 other brothers and sisters to carry on the Thompson name

Stan and I are married but because of immigration and the complications surrounding a name change--I've chosen to keep my maiden name. Our children will carry his name.

we are seriously looking at gettin married before the babys born, we were looking at preggo wedding dresses-not nice at all-

My OH wanted Kaya to have his name, but I REALLY don't like his name so we compromised and gave Kaya OH's mum's maiden name which I do like. So she has a different last name to both of us lol. Having said that we are not a 'normal' type family.

we are seriously looking at gettin married before the babys born, we were looking at preggo wedding dresses-not nice at all-

My friends getting married on Saturday and she'll be 22 weeks pregnant. She got her dress from a normal wedding dress shop and they ultered it for her. It looks lovely.

we were looking at dresses designed for pregnant women and they look like ivory sacks! lol

prob a better idea getting a normal dress altered like your friend, would prob be cheaper too!

My baby is going to have my SO's last name. We will get married one day, just happened the baby came first.

When i get my BFP oneday, the baby will take their Daddy's surname. My OH is an only Child and his surname is nice Lindborg which is quite uncommon.
So they will have that name as one day we will marry and i would want us all to have the same name

My daughter has my last name & this little one will too. When me & my fiance are married I'll get their names changed over. I don't think getting married before having children is important.. if you're in love & in a stable relationship then that's all that matters =)

I hate the idea of not having the same name as my baby. After all it will be me going to all the Doctors appointments, the classes, the baby groups and I want everyone to know its my baby.

But that said if we are planning to get married one day, do I want to have to change my babies name? And it will mean when we choose a name it il have to go with both our names...

My baby is having my last name and if I marry Shaun he will take on my name also. I'm an only child so I'm the last person to have my name and it will die with me if I don't pass it on. Luckily Shaun supports that :) xXx

This I like, but I'm not keen on my name and even less keen on his... I did suggest we get a totally new name - invent one. But I think he's used to his name.

Our baby's keeping my name.. when we were engaged, i was willing to give it the ex's but now.. changed my mind:happydance:

I like Thomas-Argent!

I am still getting divorced and am really peed it is going to have my husbands sirname in my name on the birth certificate. Tommy is going to have my bf's name which is Kelly. I wanted him to have my name is a dying name:( but it just feels right for him to have his daddy's

i like thomas-argent too!

he is at the tail end of his divorce at the moment, we were planing on getting married as soon as he got his paper work through but we sort of assumed we would be still TTC im not sure why i think its cause of both our historys we just figured it would take a long time, i dont know why but being pregnant makes the thought of planning a wedding look like even more of a mountain!

we are both keen to get married as soon as though god knows how we are going to do it!

thanks for all your replys if we dont get married before the babys born i think we will settle for a double barreled name cause then i guess if the baby dosnt like thomas it can use argent and visa versa

:-D

Why not Molly ___ Argent Thomas?
If I were still with my OH, my son would take on both names ___-Black, of course my name would come last last, I'm the last one to pass on the Black family name :D

Oops, should have read the whole thread first didn't know somebody already threw that option out there. xx

We have started a whole new surname line. We combined our surnames.
Oscar Newton-Gray will be the first of his kind :lol:
I wonder if in generations time, his great great grandkids wonder where the name came from...

its a definite option, kinda like making history

Well I double barrelled my name when i got married and it has annoyed me ever since. My name is inskip and it just doesnt go with anything!! Inskip-Kelly sounds weird! As much as I would love to keep my Inskip heritage going!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->