babys last names/marriage

The only difference if you're married before baby comes is registering the birth - you can go and do it without OH and put him on he birth cert, if you're not married he has to be there with you.

im making sure the baby has my last name because i like my last name (its french) and i hate my bfs last name (its african) lol

The whole name thing really bothered me and we pushed our wedding forward and got married in December.

I really didn't like the idea that I'd have a different name from my baby and his daddy.. It just didn't feel right..

We're all Rollo's together now :happydance: Best thing we ever done!!

Colton has his daddy's last name.
I was given my mothers maiden name when I was born, even though he and my daddy were together.. then they got married and my name was changed. It's been what it is now since then, not really confusing.. but I would check into if it costs $$ to change it.. especially if thats a concern.

Junior will be taking his dads surname. We are engaged and planning on marrying in a couple of years, but I just feel that if the baby takes my name, we split up and I marry someone else, the baby is still Matts and should have his surname, not my new husbands. Or something. I don't really know how to explain very well lol

xxx

james got his decree absolute through today so we might beable to get hitched sooner rather than later

Hey lovely

Even though I am not pregnant yet and me and my OH are not married, LO will have his surname regardless. But, I will also give LO my surname as a middle name (not to double barrell it) as this is important to me.

xx

My babys having her daddys surname, we've been engaged a couple of years and i was going to take his surname anyway, hate mine! My OH wanted us to get married before she's born so that we would all have the same straight away but i didn't fancy walking down the isle with a big baby bump (nothing wrong with it BTW!) would just rather wait until next year when she's walking and she can be a little bridesmaid or something lol

My baby will be having my OH's name. Were not planning on marriage but my name belongs to neither my mum or dad and I hate it so it means nothing to me plus his surname is a strong surname...

We are having both names so ____Lambert-Smith. I really like the idea of creating a new name as someone else said and if we get married we will both take on each others name so we all have hyponeated names. Only problem is that myname is so long anyway chucking another one in there means i really wont be able to fit it on any forms!

BTW giving the fathers name to a child doesnt give him any more rights, its regsitering the birth together that does that. IF you are married the father automatically has parental rights, if unmarried he has to have registered the birth with the mother for them to be automatic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->