Babys Movement

Clairylou

Reaction score
Hi, i am 20 weeks on Friday and i am still not noticing much movement at all is this normal i havn't felt any definite kicks i have my scan next Tuesday though so that will be good. I know everything is probably fine as it was when i last saw midwife 2 weeks ago, but i cant help worrying as everyone else seems to be feeling loads of kicks etc.

Claire

Is this your first child? If it is, that's perfectly normal. Some don't feel anything til after 24 weeks.

Yes its my first i think im just being impatient.

Thanks

This baby doesn't move around as much as my first so it may be that your little one is like mine and is very quiet. Good luck for your scan x

Also, you may actually be feeling things and not realising it! Especially if you don't know where you're supposed to be feeling things. It can feel like wind brewing in your tummy or like tiny muscle spasms - y'know, like when your eye twitches!

You may have an anterior placenta. I do and didn't feel any 'proper' kicks until 20 weeks and this is my second. Good luck at scan - enjoy!!

Yeah, it could be an anterior placenta (one at the front). I have one and the midwife says to me that I might not feel as much movement as other people cos it acts as a cushion.

Someone I work with didn't feel anything at all until 23 weeks, so I wouldn't worry hun.

Have fun at the scan.:hugs:

I was getting worried too.. just over 20 weeks and feeling very small movements but pretty much just from last week. I have had my scan and the baby is zooming around inside as i am sure yours is too.. its wierd though not to feel it. Enjoy the scan.. and it seems to be that everyone is a little different in terms of when these things happen, it will happen for you and i totally understand the impatience.

Give it time, honey, give it time.
Sometimes it kinda scares when they start getting stronger, anyways.

i am sure everything is ok, especially if it is your first. Like Neecee said, you may be having movement and think it is something else. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->