Baby's weight

Pix

Reaction score
Hello ladies!

So we had our 20 week ultrasound last week and baby is spot on for age which is amazing! For the first time in 3 pregnancies baby's amniotic fluid is normal, my uterus is spot on, and my cervix is happy.

But baby is already over 14 ounces. The last 3 were 10 at 20 weeks.

My concern is that I'm a small framed woman and my babies have all been between 8.1lbs and 8.8lbs and this one is on track to be bigger. :wacko:

So in current and past pregnancies what did baby weigh at 20 weeks and then at birth?

The tech told us that baby was 1lb already at 20+1. All other measurements were 20+2 or 20+3, but tummy was 21.

I dont remember ever being told DDs weight, but that was 7 years ago, so I may have forgotten.

The wonderful world of google has lots of Mom's who were told the baby was 1lb at 20 weeks and went on to have normal lsized 7-8lb babies. I dont think the US weight estimate is entirely accurate

I've never been told with my others but this baby was weighing 14oz at 20+4.
All my full term babies have had average weights. 7lb 9oz and 7lb 7oz.

My baby was weighing 370gr (13 ounces) at 20w3d ultrasound. But my tape measurement was 23cm. Then when i went back for check up at 24weeks, my tape measurement was 28weeks.

My fam doctor said its gonna be a big baby or u getting gestational diabetes. Then i saw my obgyn and she told me its normal, and they dont worry unless the baby is way bigger than avg.

At 20 weeks avg baby weight is 300gr, so having up to 500gr is within limits.

I wouldnt worry too much, every baby is different. You can have brunette petite looking 3 kids and all of the sudden last one can be tall and blonde German looking baby hehe who knows.

That's a great idea especially for future reference when someone does a quick search!

I just don't want another baby getting stuck in the birth canal!

I measured big with babies 1 & 3 and sure each pregnancy has been different. Guess I'll find out eventually! Next ultrasound is the 1st!

Have you been checked for GD? This can cause the baby to be heavy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->