Babysitting

BigZai

Reaction score
Hello I am a 19 year old stay at home mom of a 7 month old boy. I go to college online and I do not have a job and I do not know any other mothers with babys. I don't like that he doesnt get to socialize so I was thinking of babysitting maybe a baby/toddler or two. I was curious of what parents look for when choosing someone to care for their child.
I plan on getting cpr certified and my home is safe. what else do you look for?
how much is a reasonable fee for babysitting? I have a dog is that something you avoid?

Thanks for the help I really want to go about this the right way.

To be honest ive not got much advice because we've never had a babysitter. Its difficult to trust anybody with your child really.

My DD goes to nursery one a week for half a day. She loves it there and gets plenty of interaction with other babies.

my best friend is a registered childminder & ofsted have said her dog has to be shut in a different room to the children at all times. Maybe have a word with someone at college to see how to go about it the right way. X x

As a mom looking for a babysitter, I would want the following things:

Flexible hours (but within reason): typical work day 7:00 a.m. - 5 p.m.
CPR certification & First Aid training
Clean driving record
No criminal background
Non smoker
Clean, safe environment
Fenced-in, outside play area
What services you will provide for child: meals, play time, learning time, daily logs
References (profession & personal)
Rate: $15 - $25 per day (for 8 hours)
Pets - it all depends on the person and the type of pet and size. If it's a big dog, then I wouldn't feel comfortable, but that's just me.

I'm sure there's a lot I'm forgetting, but hopefully this will give you some ideas. Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->