Babywearing (BH) question.

thelilbump

♥ mummy to a princess ♥
Reaction score
Hey ladies,

So i have a babyhawk and was wondering if anyone knows if you can wear LO facing out on your front in them? Just having a 14 month old she doesn't really want to be cooped up against my chest or back now as she can't really see out but i still want to carry her :cry:

i dont think you are supposed to hun, something to do with the spinal development, and i dont think her legs would be comfy facing outwards iygwim?? can you do hip carry's with BH's??? i'm sure i read somewhere you could?

Have you tried the back carry? Even though they are facing in they can see more that way it seems and they aren't so close to your face, gives them a bit more room to breathe kwim?

Yea she isn't a fan of going on my back uness she's going to sleep. Not sure about hip though, it might work i guess, it's only twisted to one side afterall iykwim?

what about trying a ring sling? might be a bit better for her to be able to see more...only prob tho is if she is heavy the weight wont be distributed as evenly??

she's not so heavy tbh, just short of 21lbs last time she was weighed. Ohhhh don't talk me into buying another sling I only just use my BH enough to justify it :rofl: wish i'd bought a carrier earlier really :cry:

lol.....what about making yourself one? you can get rings and pattern etc on e bay for less that £5 :) then if you didnt use it that much it wouldnt really matter:)

really? hmmm i might add that to my list of 'things to investigate' that you keep adding to for me :rofl: :rofl: x

from the babywearing pics thread:

Here is DH rock'n the Mai Tai
https://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b27/codegirl/Sprout/IMG_2328.jpg
https://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b27/codegirl/Sprout/IMG_2330.jpg

he looks happy enough lol

Yeah I'm pretty sure you're not, I think it has stuff to do with their hips as well as their spine. Ah well.

dunno lol i havent done it just found that, maybe google will know lol

I googled and found this written by someone which makes sense to me about why facing out is generally not recommended x

When facing out, a baby has no way to shield themselves from all the sights and sounds, and no place to lean their head if they get tired. When facing in, the child can lean toward the parent, close their eyes and/or sleep if they get overstimulated. Facing out is not an ergonomically correct position for either the child or the parent. Babies bodies are designed to "fit" perfectly against the parents' in the "hug hold." When facing out, the baby is hanging by his crotch in the carrier Carrying a child while facing out also seems much heavier for the parent since the weight of the child is out from the parents body. Alternatives include the hip carry in a sling or the back carry in a Mei Tai, where the child can peek over the shoulder

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->