Babywearing in Winter???

Sweetie

DD, DS, and a Surprise!!!
Reaction score
What do I do... We have winters that go down to -40 sometimes and while I won't be going out if it's that cold I still have to go out around -15ish...

I'm not sure what to do between the car and the buildings both at home and destinations. I don't generally even bring the car seat into the house it just stays in the car (maybe 1-2 times a week it's brought in)

What do I do at the mall and such, I can't stand in the parking lot and 'arrange' him while it's -15... Do I just bundle him and carry him until I'm somewhere it's reasonable???

What do you do?

It doesn't get that cold here, but our winter is just ending so...
I have a Moby wrap, so I put that on in the house and put LO in somewhat warm clothing. I put my coat on etc and get in the car (we have a carseat blanket that stays in the car). When we get out I just pop her in the Moby and if it needs adjusting do it when we get inside. However I find it will stay in place even untied, so adjustment is usually just tightening, not baby in danger of falling out. So I manage until we are inside with a hand on her bum. For us only takes about a minute or two to pop her in and I do it with the car door open so there's that heat too.

What kind of carrier are you using? last winter i put the mei tai on at home but really loose so that the straps wouldn't drag in the snow and so it would be faster to pop her into it and tighten it when we arrived at the mall, etc. On the really cold days I just piled extra blankets on her in the car and then used them to bundle her for the dash back inside, where I would then put her in the carrier. hth :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->