Back for third time, older mom

GrowingMum

Reaction score
Hello ladies!

I'm back again after 13 years with my DD and 7 years with my DS. We tend to take a lot of time between babies! Lol. I'm 40 now, but DH and I decided we wanted to try for one more, starting in June, but here I am two months early! We thought we might have trouble conceiving this time around due to age, so weren't super careful while waiting. Plus, we wanted to try for a girl, so we were even less careful early in my cycle. I ended up likely ovulating earlier than expected, and got a happy surprise this week!

I'm cautiously optimistic, as it's still very early and MCs are not uncommon, particularly at my age, but so happy to be here. A little shocked that it happened so quickly, but thrilled!

Is anyone else here on the older side like me? Looking forward to connecting with others here!

Hey, I’m 38 and just conceived number 4. We too thought it would take a while and We were trying the shettles method but I ovulated early and bfp on cycle 2.

Hey, I’m 38 and just conceived number 4. We too thought it would take a while and We were trying the shettles method but I ovulated early and bfp on cycle 2.
Congrats! I'm glad it happened quickly for you!

I’m 44. This was a big surprise as I just had my iud taken out a few weeks prior, we weren’t using bc put he pulled out, and well I’m old! It’ll be my 3rd baby in my 40’s. You got this!

I’m 44. This was a big surprise as I just had my iud taken out a few weeks prior, we weren’t using bc put he pulled out, and well I’m old! It’ll be my 3rd baby in my 40’s. You got this!
Congrats, and thanks! We thought we were done. I had my iud replaced last March but got really sick a few days later and so had it removed and never got another put in. Then we both got the baby bug and decided to go for it!

Hello ladies!

I'm back again after 13 years with my DD and 7 years with my DS. We tend to take a lot of time between babies! Lol. I'm 40 now, but DH and I decided we wanted to try for one more, starting in June, but here I am two months early! We thought we might have trouble conceiving this time around due to age, so weren't super careful while waiting. Plus, we wanted to try for a girl, so we were even less careful early in my cycle. I ended up likely ovulating earlier than expected, and got a happy surprise this week!

I'm cautiously optimistic, as it's still very early and MCs are not uncommon, particularly at my age, but so happy to be here. A little shocked that it happened so quickly, but thrilled!

Is anyone else here on the older side like me? Looking forward to connecting with others here!

Hello and congrats!

I'm 36 and pregnant with my 2nd. Will have a 10 year age gap :)

Hello and congrats!

I'm 36 and pregnant with my 2nd. Will have a 10 year age gap :)
Congrats to you, too! One thing I love about a larger age gap is having a built-in babysitter! My first two have a 6.5 year gap, and my almost 13 year old has started babysitting my 6 year old!

Hi hun I'm 38 and as you know pregnant too. I to know early losses all to well , hope we both have a healthy 9 months.

Hello ladies!

Hello ladies!

Good night,
My first time on the site . Your not alone am 40 and having my 4th child which I was not at all prepared
I'm so sorry for your losses. I hope this one sticks for you!
Hi am 40 and also now found out am pregnant so your not alone. Still trying to accept the news...

Good night,
My first time on the site . Your not alone am 40 and having my 4th child which I was not at all prepared

Hi am 40 and also now found out am pregnant so your not alone. Still trying to accept the news...

It's a big adjustment, especially if you hadn't been trying or even thinking about trying, which it sounds like you hadn't. I'm still getting used to the idea of actually going through it all again, even though we were planning on trying in a couple months, it still feels a bit shocking that it's already happening! You've got this!

Congratulations hon. I'm 40 and ttc. Currently 6dpo but feeling out.
We are trying to conceive our last baby to give our son a sibling close in age.
I'm so worried my age will prevent it happening tho but reading stories like ure does give me hope.
I've been off my pill and doing OPKs and temping for 3 months but we only started properly trying last month. B4 we were not trying but not preventing.

I love seeing older momies to be <3

Congratulations hon. I'm 40 and ttc. Currently 6dpo but feeling out.
We are trying to conceive our last baby to give our son a sibling close in age.
I'm so worried my age will prevent it happening tho but reading stories like ure does give me hope.
I've been off my pill and doing OPKs and temping for 3 months but we only started properly trying last month. B4 we were not trying but not preventing.

I love seeing older momies to be <3

Thanks! Your little one is still quite little. You have many months ahead that will give you a close age gap. Maybe it will be this month. I was certain I was pregnant in December, sore boobs, emotional, etc, but it turned out I wasn't. Then before my bfp this month I had no symptoms, felt completely normal, but, surprise! Best of luck to you!

Thanks! Your little one is still quite little. You have many months ahead that will give you a close age gap. Maybe it will be this month. I was certain I was pregnant in December, sore boobs, emotional, etc, but it turned out I wasn't. Then before my bfp this month I had no symptoms, felt completely normal, but, surprise! Best of luck to you!

Thank you hon
All my symptoms vanished at 6dpo.
So think I'm out.
I'll be very shocked if I get a BFP.
Have a very happy and healthy 9 months hon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->