Back From 28 W/K Midwife App!!

Anna1982

mummy of 4
Reaction score
Hiya

well Im back from my 28 week midwife appointment (ignore my tickers its wrong lol Im 28 weeks today!)

had my bloods done, which wasnt too bad.

talked about my spd and she told me to go back to the consultant earlyer so Im off tuesday

then it was time for measuring and heartbeat
heart beats fine
babys head down

and measuring

34 weeks!

bloody hell thats six weeks in advance, even morgan wasnt that far ahead and he weighed in at 8lb 10 at 37 weeks

she says they may induce early because of size lol, and the spd

dear god, when I had morgan they said I couldnt have parted with a bigger size head normally, and this ones bigger

all this has to be talked about with the consultant

midwife laughed and said theres no wonder im in pain

ahh well so there you go, who know what goes on from here

Wow, must have been a shock for you, erm, yeah - good luck x :flower:

guess I may as well prepare for the stitchs now
I had a rotten etar with Morgan, and cant see me getting of lightly this time

Aww hun if they measured they can be way out with fundal heights cause of babys position and stuff, hopefully they send you for a growth scan so they get a better idea of babys size! :) x

hope so, he weighed in at rouhlgy 2lb at my 4d scan at 23 weeks lol

Ahh bless :) Am sure they will do a growth scan to be doubly sure and you get to see bubs again yay! x

I had my week 39 check yesterday, Midwife was convinced baby would be here by this morning ehhhhh NOO :growlmad:
Anyway I just wanted to say I have horrific SPD and to induce can actually make the symptoms worse and more long term for you and is not always the safest thing to do so think hard about that. I have never opted to be induced as labour for me is fast and furious I'd much rather wait for it to kick start naturally. I totally sympathise with wanting the pain over with though.

The fundal height measurements are hugely inaccurate too as it depends on baby's position at the time too so hopefully they can sort that out by way of a scan for you :hugs:

luckilk baby was head down and pretty flat lol

Im looking at induction because of my chest, the consultants not happy with my asthma

I went naturally at 37 last time so heres hoping

Hi Anna.

I've been told that this one is massive and I'm a growth scan every 2 weeks. He was measuring 3 weeks ahead last week. His head circumference is at the top of the chart too. They told me at my last appointment I need to decide if I want to try natural should I go into labor or just go straight for a cesarean. I've spoken to a lot of people and my friend who is an obstetrician and I'm gonna go for the cesarean. They said they won't let me go over 38 weeks.

My daughter was 9lbs 15oz at 38 weeks and I had a cesarean with her. It wasn't great with the recovery but I think it'll be the safest option for me and the baby.

i had a growth scan last week at 29 weeks and baby was measuring 31+5 & approx weight was 3lbs 8oz.

im having a section for medical reasons, previous 4th degree tear and i suffer from asthma.

lou1979
I wish my consultant would just offer me the section, I would take it. looking at the size of this one its not going to be easy and I bet it ends in an emergency section like morgan nearly did anyway. plus morgans cord was rounf his neck 4 times bless him

They booked my section at 13 weeks, i didnt really get a choice (not that i was complaining)

let them know your concerns and be stern.

Hey, i'm only just new in here from the 2nd tri, can I just ask is there any reason why the baby grows so fast? I've been eating alot of junk food and quite worried! My midwife said that she was growing well at my last appointment as if everything was bigger than expected already. Good luck with everything x

can be a number of things, dont think diet makes much of a difference unless gestational diabetes is involved.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->