Back from my ECV...

AC81

Proud mum of 2
Reaction score
Well I'm back from my ECV at last. Baby did not cooperate at all and wouldn't budge. As I have a footling breech the consultant thinks that a foot has dropped down into my pelvis which is why bubba wouldn't move.

I was told that the ecv would feel like a "firm massage" and that "generous" amounts of oil would be used! They lied - they did it on dry skin, despite me having to ask them to stop a few times and actually put some on, they didn't. Anyway they tried 3 times and finally gave up trying to move LO. They have scheduled my C-section for the 7th November. I thought that was a little late, considering my due date is the 12th. They said they couldn't deliver the baby any earlier, yet were happy for me to go today, if my waters broke??

I'm a little sore now, not nearly as bad as I expected to be - OH bought me a stack of magazines to read because I was so brave, so I'm gonna tuck myself up in bed now. I'm a little sad that I have to have a section, but I like knowing when baby will arrive. It was scary signing the forms and I know I'll be a wreck the night before it, but this time in 2 weeks I'll have my baby!

Sorry for the pointless post, but just thought I'd share

xxx

sorry it didnt work for you hun, you never know, some babies turn themselves just before they come! xx

Ahh bless you hun, all the best for the 7th x

This isn't a pointless post hun!! I'm sorry it didn't work and they weren't exactly gentle!!
They can only book a certain amount of cases onto a list, which is probably why they can't book you in sooner. But an emergancy section, if you were to go into labour, would be in a different theatre, with a different team of staff. (I work in theatres, so know how it works) I know it sounds mad, but thats the way it works!! If they know that they need to section you the minute you go into labour, then it isn't a mad rush and is still a pleasent experiance for you. So don't panic if it happens before your date!!
PM me if you want hun - and good luck!!! x x :hug:

:hug:

OMG though in 2 weeks you'll be seeing your LO prob before i get to see mine!!! Like you said its quite nice having a date of when you're going to meet :baby: Enjoy your snooze am sorry it didnt work for you though!

Sorry you didn't get the turn out you were hoping for but at least you can countdown to the date you will meet your LO for defo. Must be exciting. x

This isn't a pointless post hun!! I'm sorry it didn't work and they weren't exactly gentle!!
They can only book a certain amount of cases onto a list, which is probably why they can't book you in sooner. But an emergancy section, if you were to go into labour, would be in a different theatre, with a different team of staff. (I work in theatres, so know how it works) I know it sounds mad, but thats the way it works!! If they know that they need to section you the minute you go into labour, then it isn't a mad rush and is still a pleasent experiance for you. So don't panic if it happens before your date!!
PM me if you want hun - and good luck!!! x x :hug:

Cheers Kat - we were told this today too, that if I go into labour naturally then it won't be an "emergency" so to speak. Might see if I can persuade hubby into some sex! I think I'm just being impatient though. It's nice knowing that we have the date, and I have 2 weeks to have my hair done etc and relax a little. Plus you never know - it might happens sooner xx

Sorry didn't go as planned but least you have a date for meeting LO x x

Good luck for the 7th hun, pants that they couldnt get you sorted today though :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->