Back to Back Pregnancies!

Ugh.
Flying home for a visit, I'm tired already and I haven't even left the house yet. Not looking forward to it.

:blush::blush:I sneakily came home from work early and slept for 2.5 hours whilst Theo was still be looked after my my Aunt. :blush: I was just so tired. Hope I sleep tonight now though. They've also found that my iron levels are v low also. Is anyone else suffering more in this pregnancy?

I'm actually feeling a little better this time around. But I'm also taking better care of myself, less junk food, and most definitely getting more exercise. Its alot harder though because I can't just take a nap whenever I feel like it, you know?
I'm glad you got a nap in. It must be hard working, caring for Theo and trying to take care of yourself. Has it always been worse?

Hi Ladies! I'm joining you now :D
Kathryn is 9 months old and I'm 14 weeks along with #2, Kathryn will be 13 months old when her lil sibling is born. This was one wasn't planned, but neither was Kathryn and it turned out to be the best thing so I can't see why this one wont be great too, am a bit concerned about money, but by the time we need more (preschool, etc.) DH will probably have gotten a promotion or new job by then.
As for my pregnancy so far its been worse so far this time, I've been a bit more nauseous and tired, but what's really been giving me hell is my back/hip. It just seems to always be in pain now and when DH rubs it its like one giant knot! It definitely wasn't this bad lat time around.
Luckiy I've been eating a lot healthier this time and I'm just not interested in the overly sweet, fried, etc stuff (usually, though I was dying for a milkshake last night).

Hi ladies! I'm so glad this thread exists because I need some advice.

My LO is exactly 3 months and for some reason today I just got this overwhelming feeling that I want to start trying for another. I told my mom and to my surprise she said go for it! Can you share with me some of your positive responses that you got from you midwives/dos/friends etc. THANKS!

Hey Babymama!
Getting it all over with, for starters. Sleepless nights, diapers etc.
They're closeness of age probably means they'll be pretty close.
You can lose all the baby weight at once, and not worry about having to do it all over again.
No need to store all your other stuff.

I mean there are perks. It is hard on your body, I'm not going to lie, and if you don't have a strong support system, I'd avoid it, but if your are up for it, go for it.

Thats my 2 cents.

my 3rd and 4th were close together-there is 13 months between them,it was hard work having them so close together (not planned!!) but on the upside they were very very close-when the youngest one got to a year old people used to think they were twins!! They were always together,as if they were joined together with a piece of elastic you never saw one without the other!!

They are now 11 and 10 and not as close as they were but they still get on well,but when they were younger we always used to collectively call them 'the babies' when we were talking about them..........up until a year or so ago!!!:rofl:

HIYA!!! I am soooooo glad this thread exists coz i am a mental case who has a 8 week old baby and is TTC no. 3 now :rofl: The way i see it is that like someone already said, gets it all out the way at once! I want a sibling for Jake (DS1 is 7yo so kinda doesn't count lol) and i have this overwhelming feeling that my family isn't complete, I HATE being pregnant so i want the next one over and done with before i forget how bad it is and go into it thinking it will be a breeze iykwim.

So, do u all think i'm silly :blush: xx

Haha just realized I said Kathryn will be 13 months old when this one is born! There goes the prego brain, she'll be 15 moths old :dohh:

How are all you ladies doing? Anyone looked into double strollers yet? I've started looking and what a nightmare! The one that will work with my infant carrier that I can afford is sooo heavy and would never fit in my car (with one seat in front of the other), and I can't find an affordable side by side (which I'd prefer) that has a universal infant carrier adaptor. All the ones that would work with my carrier are $400 + but it may be just as much to have to buy a new infant carrier to work with one of the cheaper strollers, and I love my britax infant seat.

I don't have a #2 and I'm already thinking about strollers :rofl:

Well I'm still debating when to go for #2. Someone told me it's best to wait at least 6 months after #1 so I think that's what I'll do. Once I get to that 6 month mark, I'll decide what the next step is.

my 1st was an oops baby she is now 4yrs. my second was planned he is 18 month and my 3rd was oops she is 14 weeks

Strollers are a bit of a nightmare right now!
It seems like either they are for a toddler who will barely want to be in it and an infant, or REALLY expensive. Still have 20 weeks...

I haven't had my first but planning on TTC #2 straight away :D

It seems like either they are for a toddler who will barely want to be in it and an infant, or REALLY expensive. Still have 20 weeks...

Yeah I know! It's awfull, I really don't want to spend $600 + on a stroller. But we want one that works with the infant seat we have which is another obstacle! We actually found a good one and played with it in the store and its great, steers really nicely and is very light to push. It folds up small (like folds in half and in half again iykwim) and the seats can go rear, forward or face each other, and it has a universal adaptor that works with our carseat :happydance:
It's this one (only comes in red, but I'm not picky, and its $240 so not too bad price wise):

https://www.amazon.com/Kolcraft-Contours-Options-Tandem-Stroller/dp/B000J2DQPA

Yeah I know! It's awfull, I really don't want to spend $600 + on a stroller. But we want one that works with the infant seat we have which is another obstacle! We actually found a good one and played with it in the store and its great, steers really nicely and is very light to push. It folds up small (like folds in half and in half again iykwim) and the seats can go rear, forward or face each other, and it has a universal adaptor that works with our carseat :happydance:
It's this one (only comes in red, but I'm not picky, and its $240 so not too bad price wise):

https://www.amazon.com/Kolcraft-Contours-Options-Tandem-Stroller/dp/B000J2DQPA

That's a pretty nice one!
Graco has a few at Babies R Us, best selection I've found so far, and I can use Betty's old car seat.

Oh, and I found out yesterday I am having a boy!

Congratulations!

We have ordered this one

https://www.mamasandpapas.co.uk/product-aria-twin-pushchair-accessory-pack-toffee/188176000/type-i/

I know it is not the prettiest of all of them but it is really practical. A friend of mine has it and it is so light, easy to push, fits through doors and my son isn't squashed in it. :) Plus it is on a deal at the moment.

Congratulations!

We have ordered this one

https://www.mamasandpapas.co.uk/product-aria-twin-pushchair-accessory-pack-toffee/188176000/type-i/

I know it is not the prettiest of all of them but it is really practical. A friend of mine has it and it is so light, easy to push, fits through doors and my son isn't squashed in it. :) Plus it is on a deal at the moment.

Thanks!

I'm reliant on public transit most of the time, so I am trying to decide if I want a long one or for them to be side by side. Longer would be better for the bus, but side by side would be better for the train. Argh...
I like that one though, where one side is smaller than the other...

Congratulations!

We have ordered this one

Thanks!

I'm reliant on public transit most of the time, so I am trying to decide if I want a long one or for them to be side by side. Longer would be better for the bus, but side by side would be better for the train. Argh...
I like that one though, where one side is smaller than the other...

This one is brilliant and DOES fit straight onto the walk on buggy friendly bus without any trouble, i had one with my now 3yo and 4yo and it was a god send and very roomy for toddlers, it also folds like a dream.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->