Back to TTC after just 6 days...

cliqmo

Reaction score
DH and I have been :sex: since 6days after D&C :blush:

We are technically NTNP but are definitely back at it already...

...anyone else...

Me! We started bd'ing 6 days after mc too. I don't trust when I'll ovulate as I've no idea what my cycle is doing now... are you just thinking that your cycle is from the first day you bled with your mc... That's what the doc told me? Confused!

Today marks 1 week since our d&c. I want to TTC as well...

What have you ladies found in your research? What did your doctors tell you?

Mine said to wait 1 cycle from D&C or else the chance of another MC are higher. I have searched the Internet and haven't four anything supporting this claim.

What do you think on this?

I'm VERY tempted to join you...

I'm in ..

I'm 6 days post D&C, and still spotting. I'm thinking by the end of this week we'll be DTD again. We'll be doing it every other day or so, to hopefully catch it, but we're in the NTNP frame of mind right now - just want to have fun with it this month. If/when AF comes, then I'll start using OPKs again.

Good luck and baby dust to all! :flow:

ETA: I asked my doctor when we could start again. He said you could start as soon as you wanted. Your chance of m/c is the same as before, even if you get PG before your cycle. But that's just what he said. I've read SO many different stories and opinions of other doctors.

Im getting straight back to it!!!! I mc on the 8th March and am using the Clear Blue Fertility Monitor and it has detected a increase in estrogen, so hopefully this will be followed by ovulation! Fingers crossed to everyone :)

I have just counted my CD1 from the first day of mc bleeding. I have heard that loads of people get pregnant straight away without having an AF, I honestly beleive that it doesnt matter and have even heard that you can be more fertile if you try straight away.... so lets get :sex:!!! xxxxx

The midwife at the early pregnancy unit that dealt with my mc said go for it straight away and that evidence in American research suggests you are more fertile straight after a mc

Today marks 1 week since our d&c. I want to TTC as well...

What have you ladies found in your research? What did your doctors tell you?

Mine said to wait 1 cycle from D&C or else the chance of another MC are higher. I have searched the Internet and haven't four anything supporting this claim.

What do you think on this?

I'm VERY tempted to join you...

My nurse at EPU said there is a "small window of opportunity when you are extra fertile after a miscarriage"...sadly she didn't explain whether this window is days, weeks or months long :dohh:

Waiting for AF before TTCAL means your hormones and uterine lining are in better shape for getting a BFP (you need the hormones to release the egg and the uterine lining for implantation) therefore making the BFP more likely after this point- but not necessarily meaning it is impossible beforehand.

Getting your BFP before AF after MC does NOT carry a higher risk of further miscarriage, if your body wasn't ready to conceive it wouldn't have reached the BFP stage :thumbup:

Thank you for your response! I will be taking a test tonight and praying for that BFN (never thought I would say that!). Look below...a link I found in pregnant after a loss forum. Very positive!!! I also posted there so hopefully some answer the questions :)

https://www.babyandbump.com/pregnancy-after-loss/poll-1980-a.html

I'm just waiting for the bleeding to stop following my medically managed miscarriage (due to a blighted ovum) on the 14th, I really want to start trying again straight away,my doctor told us to wait a month but I don't think I want to wait.

xxx

1liz9 that is one of the most positive things anyone has posted in here for me, I've been really struggling since my mc last week and this is the first moment that my spirits have lifted... I'm a bit of a stats fan so to see that poll really has given me hope. Thank you for sharing xxxx

1liz9 that is one of the most positive things anyone has posted in here for me, I've been really struggling since my mc last week and this is the first moment that my spirits have lifted... I'm a bit of a stats fan so to see that poll really has given me hope. Thank you for sharing xxxx

You and me both - I'm a huge numbers person! :thumbup: GL to all of us!

I stopped bleeding yesterday after a natural miscarriage at 7 weeks on the 15th of March... I got told to wait 2 weeks before dtd incase of infection and then wait til I have one period before trying again... Should I scrap this info and join you all at baby making? :D My OH and I are so eager and soooo ready!!! Should I class the 15th of March (first day of bleeding at miscarriage) as the 1st day of my period? I had a usual 28 day cycle before hand.
Ooh I love you lovely ladies for also being too impatient :D hehe x

Hi Sarah-Jane

YES you should definitely join the fun :winkwink:

Apart from anything else it is great to feel positive and proactive again :thumbup:

Count me in aswell, its been 16 days since I started bleeding/miscarrying and 10 days now since the bleeding stopped. I have no idea what cycle day approx that would make me. I've started charting my BBT and they are pretty erratic up and down. I also used a cheap OPK but barely a line. Im wanting to start using my clearblue fertility monitor again but its not asking me for a stick yet..argh. Hopefully tomorrow or soon after it will let me start using it.
I wa stold conflicting advice. The midwife at the early pregnancy unit told me to wait for 2-3 cycles before trying again but my own doctor said start right away if I feel ready and i do. Im trying the low dose aspirin this time and we'll see how it goes

We should begin our own little group! :)

I'm still spotting unfortunately, but it is VERY light (as of last night) so I'm hopeful it is over. Meant to take a pregnancy test this AM but forgot in my rush to work. Cannot wait for that BFN and to start trying.

I'm heading to the doctor next week so once they confirm my cervix is closed we are ready to go! DH has been very patient but he too is very eager to....ahem.. TRY ;)

I'm still bleeding although it's quite light now, but I've just been told I'm severely anemic - so I'm not sure if that means I should put TTC on hold for a while - what do you ladies think xxx

I was told I should wait 3 to 4 months after my miscarriage, which hasnt happened yet. My Dr wants my to have it naturally. The wait is killing me knowing that my baby is still inside me but not alive. Ugh. Sorry. Should I take his advice on the 3mths? I want to start right away, but he gave no reason as to why I shouldnt. His exact words were, "If you were 24 I would tell you to wait a year before trying again, but with you age I would give it 3 to 4 mths." ????

I haven't bled at ALL today! I've been super happy about that.

I'm taking a test tomorrow morning, to see where I'm at. I also have my follow-up appointment next Tuesday.

We'll probably start BD again at the end of this week!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->