Bacteria entering vagina causing miscarriage... is this common?

Last year I lost a Bub at 22wks , due to a bacterial infection called Staphylococcus aureus . I was in hospital 2wks before with a kidney infection & that's when I contracted the staph infection through IV . It does happen & it is horrible when it does as you have no idea because sometimes you don't have symptoms like I didn't , I just went into early labour . I'm currently pregnant wit my 2nd baby & I'm 22wks again , very scared but Iv been told I have a 2% chance of it reaccuring . I'm being monitored every 2wks with scans to ensure my cervix is closed . So yeah it does happen but I was told it's rare

With my first child I had yest infection after yeast infection, and then uti's. It was really bad. I ended up going into premature labor with him at 34 weeks but was able to have it stopped and recieved IV drugs to treat the current infection i had. In the end I ended up delieving a healthy baby at 41 weeks.

I did develop an infection 2 weeks after my second was born that almost altered my chances of concieving again and I guess its only common after amnios and c-sections both in which i did not have done at all. It put me at 105 degree fevers and my body started bleeding very heavy like i was in labor again. they said that if the infection happened when i was pregnant i would have had the baby right away because it was at risk of passing to the baby. So the infections are rare, but the chances of developing them during pregnancy depend on what you expose your body to or what your doctor exposes you to. Again though, the infection i got was like already a 5 percent chance of getting with those two factors, and i didn't have them.

What are the symptoms of BV? I've read websites about it, but just want to know what those of you with it have experienced.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->