Bacterial Vaginosis

Connah'sMommy

Reaction score
Hi every1,sort of embarrasing and maybe tmi but...
I went to the docs last week cos i wanted the coil fitted so the nurse said she had to take swabs first.So i said ok no probs...thinkin everythin was ok anyways...

But the docs rang me today and said i had 'bacterial vaginosis'.

I have to go and pick up a perscription today of Metronidazole to treat it but the recepionist on the phone just now was saying to me...

'when you take these tablets there is a good chance you will be quite ill,being sick etc and also do not drink alcohol with them as this will make u violently sick!'

Now i can understand the no drinking advice which is fine but now im terrified of taking the tablets as i have a real bad phobia of vomiting...if i start to feel even a little bit sick i have a panic attack.:cry::cry:

Has any1 had this condition before?
And has any else taken the tablets?

thanks xxx

They don't make everyone sick hun, I hate Drs receptionists, they thinkk that they know everything, I would go and get them and give them a few days, if the side effects are really too much then go back to ur GP and see if there is anything else that u can take. I found that one type of penecillin makes me feel sick and I just had to lay down and nap for half an hour after taking it. It was a pain in the bum, but they have been prescribed cos there the best antibiotic for u to have atm :hug:

I had them as I had bv picked up on swabs as my water broke at home. Wasn't sick but they left a vile taste in my mouth right on the back of my tongue. And this made me feel nauseous constantly. Like I say wasn't sick though but they weren't fun.

Sorry hun. Plenty of mints or boiled sweets help. Also take them with food and lots of water x

I had them as I had bv picked up on swabs as my water broke at home. Wasn't sick but they left a vile taste in my mouth right on the back of my tongue. And this made me feel nauseous constantly. Like I say wasn't sick though but they weren't fun.

Sorry hun. Plenty of mints or boiled sweets help. Also take them with food and lots of water x

I had BV a couple of times and took those tablets they didn't make me sick at all

good luck xxx

ive had bv after a mmc and i took these tablets i wasnt sick with them or didnt feel sick either xx

I had it by IV and then tablets with my womb infection. They taste minging and I was a bit spaced out for a few days but I was on something else as well but neither made me nauseous or sick.

I've just finished a 12 day course of these, was also taking cefalexin at same time, to prevent infection due to retained placenta. Didn't make me feel sick or weird or anything! Had an odd metallic taste but not as bad as the rotten eggs cefalexin. Will be ok!

I've had these twice since having Oliver and didnt have any side effects at all. x

Ive had this a few times and only side effect I got from the medication was Thrush but that didn't bother me as it's easy to treat.
I have noticed though that I never got BV before having children but have contracted it quite frequently since, anyone else notice that ??

Ive had this a few times and only side effect I got from the medication was Thrush but that didn't bother me as it's easy to treat.
I have noticed though that I never got BV before having children but have contracted it quite frequently since, anyone else notice that ??

Same here hun, I've had it 3 times already and had to hand in another swab to Drs yesterday, never had it before, dont know why it keeps coming back :shrug: Its doing my head in!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->