Bad and funny dates... Share your stories :)

Louise88

Dd- ciara and ds- James
Reaction score
I was just thinking back to a few dates I had years ago with lads and can't help but chuckle! So share yours :)

1. This one lad begged me to go out with him for years I finally agreed to a date, we agreed to meet in Newcastle and go for a few drinks and go to the pics as he wanted to go see Saw 6, met him we go to the pub and as we order drinks he turns to me and tells me he has no money he only had enough for a return ticket on the bus, I ended up paying for the whole date, cinema tickets, popcorn the lot and to make it worse once the film had finished he had missed the last bus so my mum had to take him home (we were both 20 at the time so abit embarrassing ending the night getting took home by my mum!) never went out with him again after that!

2. I met a guy in a night club I remember having my sexy black shorts on and this guy was fascinated in my legs so much so he asked me on a date, he was extremely good looking so i accepted. so next night we planned to go the pics, I waited outside for half an hour (he was half an hour late of picking me up) turns up in a van I get in and drive off on the way there he was telling me about a few dates he'd had with a few lads (didnt relise he was bi-sexual) he then wouldn't shut up about me not wearing my shorts and how amazing my legs were. Date went well he then told me he was away on holiday for a week and he'd like to see me again I agreed to another date, a week later I get a txt off him I asked how his holiday was and he sends me a picture of him half naked with a man and wrote something like "great I got to share a bed with this hot guy one night had lots of fun" needless to say I never replied! Lol

Oh I could probably right a couple of bad date stories!!

But about 2 years ago my friend set me up with a guy. We went to a really expensive place for dinner and then to the movies. Then, on the way home the fuel light came on. So he said - "I don't know if you're the sex on the first date kind of girl, but you can either come home with me, or pay for the petrol cause I don't have any money left to drive you home". How romantic!

But about 2 years ago my friend set me up with a guy. We went to a really expensive place for dinner and then to the movies. Then, on the way home the fuel light came on. So he said - "I don't know if you're the sex on the first date kind of girl, but you can either come home with me, or pay for the petrol cause I don't have any money left to drive you home". How romantic!

You didn't say what your reply was though ;)

I havnt really been on any proper dates, all mine have just been a case of met a guy somewhere, started seeing him or hanging out, no real dates.
Or started seeing them then went places after we where dating.

Hubby did take me a few places but we where already dating at that point so doesn't count.
Closes thing I got to a date other then OH though was a guy I was seeing on and off called my up to go to the pub so I went to meet him in town but when I got there another lad was hanging around who the guy introduced me to.
The guy I was meeting then said he had to go draw some money out and would be back in a minute leaving me with the other lad for about 20 mins, I then get a text off him saying "sorry not coming back you are a favour to my mate, hes a virgin and I promised him you would help him"
I read the text to the lad who looks at me really sorry like and embaressed, we got chatting and have been very close friends ever since with a friendship boardering on sibling like for 15 years now with no sexual intentions between us :)

I haven't really had any dates. The only thing that comes to mind is my first boyfriend. His bedroom walls were covered with football stickers. He claimed to be deeply in love with me. We met when I was 15, he was 2 years older, and those meetings went well, he was sweet and it seemed nice. Fast forward a year without being in touch and we decide to get back together. I was 17 at this point, and far more clear-headed. Suddenly he seemed like a total prick.

The final straw came when we were cuddling on his bed. He put on a CD he'd cleverly labelled "sex mix". A mate phoned, he answered and started talking in cockney slang, really over the top, and said "yeah mate, but I've got some chick here right now, hook me up when she's gone"...

Needless to say I ran and never looked back, leaving him alone with his sex mix and ignoring 2 weeks worth of calls until I never heard from the slimeball again.

We were just kids though. Bring on the adult stories of shame!

You didn't say what your reply was though ;)

I called him some names, got out and called a cab home!

Oh wow these are awesome (to read, probably not so awesome for those of you involved, sorry :haha:).
I've had a very limited dating experience so nothing very funny to share. But my first date with my boyfriend before DH was pretty awkward- a couple of drinks in a small, very local type pub and then home with a shy peck on the cheek. Cue him a week later bumping into my friend on a train and spending the next half an hour telling her how awesome our date was and all about our plans for our future (where we were going to live the following year, when we'd get married and even what job I was going to do :wacko:). I think we'd been on a different date :haha:

I love bad date stories :haha:

I Have a few but the first one that comes to mind happened when I was 16/17, I met an ex from a year before and the smooth talking devil talked me back into going out with him for a meal, to his uncles restaurant. I got all dressed up (can imagine me in my Exhibit finery) and was taken out.........to his uncles chip van by the side of a road :rofl:

I ate my chicken burger and made him take me home

Went to the cinema with a guy and when we got out my ex was outside (we'd been split up for about 5 months by this point!!) and made a huge scene in front of everyone. Was really embarrassing cos he made it look like we were supposed to still be together to everyone around :dohh:

One guy crashed his car with me in whilst we were on a date. That was fun :/

Actually I came across the cinema ticket stubb from the first date Hubby took me on the other day, I kept it in the back of the frame of the first picture I took of him.
It was to see Stigmata nearly 14 years ago and the cinema has long been knocked down.
What I was surprised at was how cheap it was back then compared to now :)

I don't have any funny ones will have a think though x

That would have amused me i think

Ha ha, these are great. I remember going to a boy's house before we went on to the pub and when we walked in the cat had done a poo on the carpet. Unfortunately that was the high point of the date.

Oh God I went out with a fella a couple of months ago, walking to the pub, he had hold of my hand, well I have a tendency to fall over (a lot), next thing I go down like a sack of shite, really hurt my knee, a load of people rush over to help me up because, if it wasn't embarrassing enough, it was Friday night and town was packed! Then as I stood up and tried to act like I wasn't utterly ashamed, we heard 'tap, tap, tap' - everyone just looked at each other confused until I realised the guy had grabbed my wrist to stop me from falling and had snapped my bracelet - the beads were scattering EVERYWHERE.
Absolutely mortified I was.

The same guy (somehow agreed to go out with me again :lol:), he was always complaining about money and how he was so skint (he was unemployed), so he didn't want to go out anywhere with me because he basically couldn't afford it (yet I met him on a dating site! Whyyy bother if you can't afford to actually date??). He'd asked me out to the pictures on the Wednesday, because it was Orange Wednesdays, but the only day I was free was Tuesday so I suggested we go then and implied I can pay for myself.
Well, when we got there he asked for two tickets, the guy told him the total and he turned around to see if I was watching/listening (I was pretending I wasn't even in the same room), then he turned back and said "just one please". I went up to get my ticket and the guy behind the counter just looked at me with full-on pity :lol:
He wasn't even a bit abashed though, he was actually pretty arrogant. We had to walk to Iceland before the film started to get drinks/snacks as he refused to pay cinema prices :dohh:
Oh God, it was all so romantic :lol:

Needless to say, we didn't go out again!

I had an awful one last year, I met him online and we'd been talking for a while, he was really sweet and a single dad, but as soon as I spotted him waiting I wanted to leave!

I was all dressed up and he had on jeans, white tshirt and these dirty trainers, and when he spoke I realised he had the highest pitched voice, it was such a turn off. We went bowling but the short cut (through shopping centre) was shut early and when we started walking he was one pace ahead of me the whole time, I kept asking him to wait and slow down but he didn't!

When we got there we got 1 game of bowling (stupidly thinking we could buy more after) and about 2 minutes into the game someone id dated twice (about 2 minth prior) turned up and was playing in the opposite lane, I was sooo embarrassed cause this guy was just not my type.

Then when we went to get more games our lane had been given away!! He wanted to go cinema but I wanted to go home! We ended up having a drink or 2 in the bar at bowling and when we left he kept trying to kiss me. I kept talking and talking so he didn't get the chance! Then when I got on the bus home he txt and said he wished I'd shut up so he could've kissed me!! I politely told him he wasn't my type, and he was a sweet guy but the chemistry was lacking! He messaged me so much asking me to change my mind :-( poor guy.

Then he wrote a testimonial on my page on the site we met on about how fantastic I was!!! I felt sooooo bad but never again!! I've now learnt to always talk on the phone before you meet too, voice is important lol.

Nothing funny, but my first date with my high school bf we went to the movies to see the Exorcist. And on the way home we hit a cat. :cry: I freaked, he felt bad and we actually dated for almost 2 years until he became an alcoholic, got kicked out of college and became a modern day hippie. Lmao (I met my fiance while I was actually still dating that guy - we were just friends though). :)

My very first date with another high school guy, he wanted to take me to dinner and asked where I wanted to go. I said anywhere is fine, but I'm not a fan of sea food (he knew that though). He said, "Hmm, well we're going to Red Lobster. I like that place.". LOL Then he had his mom pick us up and drop us off. hahaha Later (we ACTUALLY dated for a few months) he told me he had bought me a DVD but decided he wanted to watch it so he wasn't giving it to me anymore. :rofl: We didn't last long. But he did repeatedly page me (I had a pager) and call my parent's house line (I'm 30, so this is before cell phones lol) and ask where I was, when I was coming home, what I'm doing. My parents were PISSED. And that went on for about 3 months. He was crazy.

Oh god I remember when I was in 6th form and some guy came upto me at school and we exchanged numbers... Needless to say we agreed to meet that weekend. Ok by this point i really didn't fancy him (lol)

I just thought we can hang out as friends as I was new there and didn't know anyone... Anyway we met up only for him to turn up in the most disgusting tight jeans,brown shoes and a hoody that didn't go with his outfit. Also he'd dragged his mate with him and it was pouring down too.

so the silly bugger gets his mate to give me his jacket to use as my umbrella and made his mate sit behind us on the bus where he repeatedly tried holding my hand and kissing me (ewwwww)Anyway got to his and he had an older brother who he lived with, he dragged me to his room to show me something where he tried to kiss me again and I walked out (mind you was 17 at the time and really silly) so after that I wanted to go home.

Mind you I saw him a week later with his "girlfriend who he'd been dating for a while" and I ended up dating his brothers mate -cue the jealously texts from him... But makes me cringe lol!!

Haha these are brilliant, keep em coming!
I once went for a walk with a guy through the countryside as it was getting dark with and sat down a tree stump for a quick break. And yes,someone had kindly put dog poo on the stump, meaning the rest of the date was him trying to scrape it off my bum with a small tree branch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->