Bad batch of OPK tests or not ovulating?

tropicsgirl

Reaction score
Hi all,

I’ve been using OPK’s for awhile now (the @home ones) and order them from Amazon. The first batch came with pregnancy tests too. I finished those and ordered a new catch (just ovulation tests - same brand) and have not gotten my positive opk yet and the LH level keeps going a little higher and then back way down low. I am currently on CD 25 but normally ovulate around CD 21 in the past few months. The highest my LH has gotten so far this month is 0.69.

I figure either I’m late ovulating or wont ovulate this month. Or I got a bad batch of OPKs.

Have any of you gotten a bad batch of OPKs from Amazon before? I’m trying to make sure if that’s the case it doesn’t happen again.

Also, if I didn’t ovulate this month can I still get AF? Silly question, but I’m not really sure. I think I can...?

I used the wondfo opks from Amazon, some crazy amount that came with pregnancy tests for like $20. Not sure if that’s what you’re referring to. I don’t think I ever had issues with them, but I also had backups with temping and the clear blue digitals. That’s not to say that bad batches don’t happen. But checking my charts, my wondfo always was positive on the same day my digital test was peak. So no complaints

It is definitely possible to have an anovulatory cycle, or cycle without ovulation. Kind of hard to tell without bloodwork or temping. You’d potentially get a period, but it’s not a tee period so much as a withdrawal bleed. Other times, you’re looking at those extended cycles while your body balances out it’s hormones.

For example, I had multiple 40-60 day cycles back when I had an ovarian cyst. It was messing up my hormones, so I wasn’t ovulating properly. I didn’t have withdrawal bleeds, I just had extended cycles.

vs cue a few years ago, I was lost a pregnancy. My cycle after was longer (no O until cd 31ish) but the cycle after I never confirmed O. I had a high reading starting CD 8, peak reading cd 16-19, high again cd 24-28. Meanwhile I had clear positives on my wondfos cd 16-19 and 24 and 25. My temps were erratics but all under 98. I had a medium bleed then two days of light bleeding then two days of spotting. Which is abnormally light for me. I usually get a solid couple of heavy days before I go light to spotting.

hopefully that helped

ironically- I’m having an anovulatory cycle now haha

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"