Bad Day

motherofboys

Reaction score
Got my scan 2 weeks today and am having one of those days where all I can think about is the gender and every thing I'm doing the whole time I'm thinking "please let it be a girl, please all I want is a healthy baby girl. It's not that much to ask is it? Please let this be a girl to complete my family."
I'm so scared to go for my gender scan but I also wish I could have it done sooner LOL

Im sorry hun. Those days are the worst. I get them every now and again. What I do is look at the cutest baby boy clothes and that helps loads. Next has awesome baby boy clothes! Just try to keep yourself distracted. And no nubsessing lol.

And this baby may be a girl! If not then im sure he will be precious.

I just feel all boy'd out, clothes and toys and stories and interests wise. I've done it all 3 times now, I need some variety LOL

Me too, I just text DH (his at judo with our eldest 2) telling him I really want this one to be a girl. I haven't told him out right before.

I know this will sound awful but it took 2 and half years to conceive this one and I kept thinking that I hoped it was a girl to make it 'worth' all this trouble and heart ache and time. And I guess I still hope that. I know that the baby will be worth everything that it took and will still take to get it here whether its a boy or girl but I was so close to giving up and sticking to my 3 boys and had kind of accepted life with out a girl and now theres hope and its driving me mad.

Waiting is the worst. At least if you know you can start to get your head around it! I've been shopping for boy stuff online, or rather compiling a wish list as am broke til pay day :haha:

I try to look at boy stuff but my hearts not in it, it just feels like the stuff I'm looking at I don't need because I still have everything. I already have too many clothes. I will buy a few special bits that would be just his. The few things that I have liked online are all last seasons in the sale and you can only get them in store if they have them still, you can't order online.
I keep thinking about how much trouble I had buying DS3 Christmas and Birthday presents as we kept everything so its hard to find a toy we don't already have some version of.
I guess once I know for sure either way it will be easier to get excited about those things because I'll actually be able to buy some. At the moment I'm just trying my hardest to stay out of the girls bit.

Aww I'm sorry Hun.
Not long to go at all. I hope the next two weeks fly by.
I really hope you get your girl but if not just praying that baby is nice and healthy.
I just want to be pregnant already. I tested today ( only 9dpo lol ) bfn that was sad but I know I've got a few more days of hope lol!
I think I'm going to feel the same as you till I find out, just thinking please be a girl lol

I try to look at boy stuff but my hearts not in it, it just feels like the stuff I'm looking at I don't need because I still have everything. I already have too many clothes. I will buy a few special bits that would be just his. The few things that I have liked online are all last seasons in the sale and you can only get them in store if they have them still, you can't order online.
I keep thinking about how much trouble I had buying DS3 Christmas and Birthday presents as we kept everything so its hard to find a toy we don't already have some version of.
I guess once I know for sure either way it will be easier to get excited about those things because I'll actually be able to buy some. At the moment I'm just trying my hardest to stay out of the girls bit.
If I have other boy I'll give all my other boy stuff away ( apart from a few special things my both the boys wore ) that way I'd feel happy buying stuff, not as good as all the girly things I want to get but it would make it easier for me.
My thought is if I'd be spending money on everything new for a girl I could do the same for a new boy, it's my coping mechanism :haha:

My DH is such a hoarder LOL I wish I could just get everything new. I think it would help to get to buy stuff. I nearly got to get rid of a load of toys had a bag and couple of boxes ready to go, then got my BFP and and he took them from where they were waiting to be taken to the charity shop up into the loft. I have managed to get rid of a few bits of clothes, mainly things that are stained and that his Mum bought that I would never put on any child ever LOL
I hope you get your BFP soon

I had my first gender based dream last night.
With my others when I dreamed about gender I had either just given birth and no one would tell me what the gender was, or I was going about an trip out but had a baby girl in tow! Every single one of them I've dreamed girl. I was so hoping that when they started I'd dream boy but I guess after such a girl obsessed day it was inevitable that I'd dream of a girl again.
This time it was different though, I dreamed I had just given birth and had the baby all wrapped up and after a few minutes I thought "I don't know what it is yet!" This is where in my other dreams I would have asked someone and they would have avoided the question. Instead I looked myself and it was a girl (which makes me sad because like I say I always dream girl then have a boy) but her bits looked like they do on the baby2see site where it compares the external genitals at 16 weeks. Probably because I've been obsessed with finding out at 16 weeks LOL

I'm feeling better today, well I say better, I feel resigned to a boy, so still sad but back to accepting it for now.

7th of May. Now into 'just over a week' territory.
MIL asked today if she could buy anything for the baby. Seeing as she was not too pleased and has not mentioned the fact I'm pregnant since this is a bit of a shock. I said not that I can think of as we already have everything. And she said "I'll just get a couple of little suits then for when his born" and DH said "so you think its a boy too then?" and she said "well its just the way it goes some times"

I don't know if its me being sensitive, but MIL is a funny one and I'm not sure if because she doesn't want us having more that she would hope we got a girl but expects us to have a boy, or if she thinks we tried again for a girl so wants us to have a boy out of spite. She is the type of person to be like that.

FIL thinks girl, but then he was one of 3 boys, with a Dad who was one of 6 and desperately wanted a daughter. FIL provided the 1st grand daughter. And FILs brother had 3 sons and said a few weeks ago (just before we announced) "I feel sorry for him (our middle one) his just like me, stuck in the middle with 2 brothers" So not sure if FIL is just hopeful after seeing his Dad want a daughter and his brother wanting a sister and then a daughter of his own.

I'm feeling OK today about it all though. Not sure how I'll be this time next week when its just days away LOL

I really really hope you get you're little Girl xxxxx I will be exactly the same as you next time round. We have decided to start TTC for a girl later in the year and I will be dreading going for that scan, i'm actually scared to TTC in case it's another boy. I love both my boys to bits, but I long for my little princess.
Good luck and let us know xxx

You'll be the first to know. I think I may try to keep it quiet (no one knows we are having a gender scan) until after 20 weeks anyway so that I can have it confirmed before I tell if its a girl. If its a boy and I see boy bits then theres no point waiting for confirmation but I think I will still wait so I can have time to get used to it in my head before the comments start

Not long! DS1 has his 4th birthday the day after your scan :) I think most MILs are weird lol we aren't in contact with mine ATM because she was abusive to DH, myself and my mum in front of our kids, didn't even tell her we miscarried in February and probably won't tell her when we fall pregnant again till around 12 weeks. She's a compulsive liar and a fruit loop, does my head in.
I can't wait to see your gender scan, regardless of boy or girl. Baby will still be amazing :)

7th of May. Now into 'just over a week' territory.
MIL asked today if she could buy anything for the baby. Seeing as she was not too pleased and has not mentioned the fact I'm pregnant since this is a bit of a shock. I said not that I can think of as we already have everything. And she said "I'll just get a couple of little suits then for when his born" and DH said "so you think its a boy too then?" and she said "well its just the way it goes some times"

I don't know if its me being sensitive, but MIL is a funny one and I'm not sure if because she doesn't want us having more that she would hope we got a girl but expects us to have a boy, or if she thinks we tried again for a girl so wants us to have a boy out of spite. She is the type of person to be like that.

FIL thinks girl, but then he was one of 3 boys, with a Dad who was one of 6 and desperately wanted a daughter. FIL provided the 1st grand daughter. And FILs brother had 3 sons and said a few weeks ago (just before we announced) "I feel sorry for him (our middle one) his just like me, stuck in the middle with 2 brothers" So not sure if FIL is just hopeful after seeing his Dad want a daughter and his brother wanting a sister and then a daughter of his own.

I'm feeling OK today about it all though. Not sure how I'll be this time next week when its just days away LOL

It's all work itself out :hugs: If it's a boy - allow yourself to cry, allow yourself to be upset about it..allow yourself to have those feelings without feeling guilty. You will love and cherish the baby no matter what, but hey...we all can hope/yearn for a gender. It's natural and normal. I know people say "all you should want is a healthy baby", but they are forgetting we, as humans have emotions that we just can't shake. If it's a girl...all the more reason to celebrate!!:hugs::cloud9::cloud9:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->