Bad Day

just an FYI, I have an OB appointment on May 7th as well so we can update each other. :) This is our third attempt with my husband, I've had a loss at 14 weeks, a loss at 16 weeks so now we are trying again. I'm currently 7 weeks pregnant but I see a high-risk doctor. hoping baby pulls through. positive thoughts your way!!!

OP, where do you live? I'm in Utah here in USA

I'm in England.
Good luck at your appointment, I hope this little one hangs on in there for you.

I'm in England.
Good luck at your appointment, I hope this little one hangs on in there for you.

Thank you.

I've always wanted to visit England. But Hogwarts & Charlie Hunnam have not sparked my British interest at all...............:winkwink:

I always think its very different from how people imagine, but then again I live here I'm sure no where is really how I imagine it to be LOL

I always think its very different from how people imagine, but then again I live here I'm sure no where is really how I imagine it to be LOL

So true! I'm pretty sure how people think of America is not HOW we really are. But, if you know any sterotypes tell me... I will tell you if they are true or not!!

Is it true lots of British people drink tea? Or it just more of a stereotype?

Lot of people do drink tea but then just as many drink coffee or both really.

I can't actually think of many stereotypes for America atm

Oh and we are not all either really posh or 'cockney' LOL And we don't all have bad teeth LOL

Oh and we are not all either really posh or 'cockney' LOL And we don't all have bad teeth LOL

LOL!! :rofl: That's how I figure Bristish people to be...to be very very proper and posh. Like, big hats, fancy dress suits, drinking tea LOL.

"Would you like some tea & crumpets?" LOL! I don't even know what a crumpet is! :hugs::hugs::hugs:

I was really really shocked when I read that Americans are more for breastfeeding and natural labor than the British. I figured all British women were against c-sections, pain medication and all had midwives. LOL!!! :hugs::hugs:

This conversation is making me smile ladies.
I'm in England, and I've just enjoyed a lovely scone with clotted cream and strawberry jam, accompanied by an even lovelier cup of Yorkshire tea with just a dash of milk ;)
Am I fitting the English stereotype?
I really aren't posh at all btw! I'm York born and bred but I do love tea and have pretty crooked teeth! Lol!!!

P.S, MotherofBoys, may I take this opportunity to officially confess that I am Baby and Bump stalking you and I so hope that you get the pink princess you long for!
I'm on the count down until your gender scan and I'm excited for you! God knows how you must feel! Lol

LOL!! :rofl: That's how I figure Bristish people to be...to be very very proper and posh. Like, big hats, fancy dress suits, drinking tea LOL.

"Would you like some tea & crumpets?" LOL! I don't even know what a crumpet is! :hugs::hugs::hugs:

I was really really shocked when I read that Americans are more for breastfeeding and natural labor than the British. I figured all British women were against c-sections, pain medication and all had midwives. LOL!!! :hugs::hugs:

Here you don't get a choice, its midwife unless you have complications so its true we all have midwives. Everything I see regarding American births in hospital is all very "you lay still on this bed while we give you an Epi and we'll get that baby out" so I think that makes more women want to natural birth. Here the midwives usually encourage you to try natural first and then go through levels of pain medication. So because theres more of a choice women will take that choice.
I don't know thats just a guess I've not heard that statistic before. From women I spoke to on a facebook page for natural/home birthing, they all had to fight really hard to get a midwife and to be allowed to do things their way in their own time, so its just a conclusion I've drawn.
I'm an all natural home birth type of person as long as all is well so only really know what friends tell me and what I see on TV LOL

And FlowerPotMum wow my first stalker LOL
Thanks for your kind words. I'm so excited and nervous. In the very beginning I thought I was having a girl. I was right with my 3 boys. Then after my 12 week scan I'm convinced it must be a boy, but every time I think of my baby boy a little voice keeps saying it will be a girl.:wacko:
I hope they can tell me and I can relax and enjoy the scan either way.

He he, think I'm you're stalker too!!!! :) can't wait to find out if you are going to have the Girl you long for. Did you sway this time for a Girl? x

I'm in England.

Strange but I just thought for some reason that you were in the US :wacko:... where abouts in the UK are you?

With regards to posh English stereotypes, speak for youself, I have come straight out of Pride and Prejudice! :haha: Well I do like tea! :)

Oh I too am stalking you!..... You have to have a gender scan otherwise I'll be disppointed to have to wait! :haha:

See MotherofBoys you have a large stalking fan base! :)
I hadn't been on here for a week just recently and when I finally did get round to logging back in I thought, 'ooh I wonder if MotherofBoys has had her gender scan yet' lol!!
Don't be disheartened by your 12 week scan gender guesses, I have recently seen a few 'sure sign boy or girl nubs' that have turned out to be the opposite gender.
Either way, like you say, your gender scan will give you the surprise you've longed for, or give you more time to get excited for another little boy. And let's face it, if its another blue parcel you won't miss all the hormonal teenage tantrums that come with girls, I know I was a cow at 15!! ;)
Fingers crossed you get your pink one though x

I'm in Kent though originally from London.
I can't believe people are actually stalking me LOL I know when others have had their scans coming up I've kept checking back on them but didn't think anyone would look for me.
I didn't sway, I wasn't really aware of swaying I had seen Guppys post but I didn't find it until my last cycle/cycle before last. So didn't really get time once I knew about it to decide what to do.
I'm hoping if this is a boy DH may agree to one more so we can sway. Even if I ended up with another boy I would at least know that I had given it my best shot and it just wasn't meant to be. The more I look into swaying the more I realise my whole life is one big boy sway. Although the last month before I fell pregnant there a couple of accidental changes, such as my diet not being very good.
I'm counting down to my scan, 1 week tomorrow. Week 15 has been the longest so far. I feel like I've been 15 weeks for ages. I wont be 16 weeks till thursday LOL

LOL. I will be 8 weeks on thursday! our weeks switch over on the same day hahaha

Ooh not long to go! I'm also stalking you and so hoping you hear :pink:

Eeeek 1 week to go! DH mentioned this morning about monday being a bank holiday (so he usually wouldn't work) but said he was going in so he wouldn't have to work tuesday and I thought "why does he need tuesday off?.....oh yeah!" Its 11:35am here. This time next week my scan will be over and I'll be on my way home! Scary to think the dream could be over in a weeks time or I could be bouncing in my seat in the car!

I'm totally stalking you too! I'm hanging around this section hoping to see all the ladies who are waiting to find out the gender/have their LO's get their dream gender.
Not long till your scan now!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->