bad sister!!

itsnowmyturn

Reaction score
Well today i wad driving home from work and my phone rang, i looked at who it was but didnt answer as i was driving. It was one of my brothers. between him and my other one i have had 4 phone calls in 5 years and I have 4 nieces and nephews so i knew what this one was going to be about. Low and behold when i rang him back he told me his girlfriend is pregnant. I feel like a terriblr sister because I dont feel over the moon, jump up and down happy for them, I put on my most convincing congrats voice and ended the call as swiftly as possible, dont like talking on the phone the best of times!!

When we were out in october his girlfriend told me they were going to start trying in the new year, she said this after I drunkenly blurted we were just starting to try. I guess they decided to move it forward. So they have been trying for kne cycle and shes pregnant.

My brothers only seem to have to look at their girlfriends and thy get pregnant, i feel so terrible because i want to be very happy for them but I felt jealousy and felt like why u, why not me.

:-(

I know how you feel. My younger bother and his girlfriend of 8 months told us in February they were pregnant. (Well he didn't tell me my mum did, which made it worse). We had been trying almost two years then. After the phone call I was devestated, not that they were having a baby, I was devestated for my OH and myself. I cried for hours.

A beautiful baby girl was born in October and I could not love her more. I am her Aunty and her god mother. She is so precious and my brother and his GF are great parents.

I know our time will come (hopefully soon) and with all we have had to go through, I know we wont take our kids for granted and will be the best parents to them.

You are not a bad sister. You are allowed to be upset and angry.
Good Luck and lots of baby dust

My sister is 32 wks pregnant .... I am thrilled to be an aunt but so envious that I can't be the one giving birth in 8 weeks. 10 cycles in all I can do is pray....pray that I too will be blessed. Baby dust to u .... Ur not a bad sister or bad person u just kno what u deserve

Thanks guys. i do feel a little different this morning, not quite so 'why u n not me' although that does pop up from time to time. but I certainly don't feel excited for them yet. Between my brothers I'm sure ppl have been constantly pregnant over the last few years. One nephew born in feb and one born in October now one due in july or august. Didn't feel as bad about the other ones because they were pregnant before i was trying but this was just like a slap in the face

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->