Balance Bike

Babybump87

Reaction score
Would you recommend a balance bike for a 4 year old ?. DD2 will be 4 in December and she’s adamant she wants a Frozen bike without pedals !

Was considering maybe getting her a proper bike but just leaving the pedals off anyone done this before not even sure it will work ha ?

Thanks !

You can def just take the pedals off a normal bike. Both mine loved their balance bikes and they're such a good way to learn to ride a bike. My oldest was riding a pedal bike unaided at 4 and my youngest is riding now at 3, although she still sometimes chooses to ride her balance bike

It seems most kids love balance bikes, but my dd was one of the few who didn't. She had no interest in a bike that didn't have pedals, so I sold her 'like new' balance bike and bought her a bike with training wheels and she loved it, and was riding without the training wheels about 4 months later. It seems buying a regular bike and leaving the pedals off would be the best idea bc you get more for your money just in case she decides she wants the pedals. (I wish I had done that!) If you can't find a bike to leave the pedals off then a balance bike would be a great gift for a 4 year old, especially since that is what she really wants.

Thanks ladies !
We are going to make our final decision next week when we go and look at a few bikes .

She does really want one and I am not too bothered if she only get a few months out of it because DS can have it too ! Just want to get her something so really wants and she mentions this bike everyday !

Wish I had bought them a balance bike earlier as they do seem to really help with going into a big bike !

my son has had a balance bike since he was 2 and he loves it, he's so fast on it. I think he will be using it for a while yet so I'm sure you will get some use out of it still

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->