Banana Bread Recipe - SOOOO GOOD!

suzan

Reaction score
I just did this amazing banana bread recipe. OMG ITS DELICIOUS and soooooooo simple that it doesnt even need a mixer!!!!!!!!

Here it goes:

Ingredients
3 or 4 ripe bananas, smashed
1/3 cup melted butter
1 cup sugar (can easily reduce to 3/4 cup)
1 egg, beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon baking soda
Pinch of salt
1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour

Method
No need for a mixer for this recipe. Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). With a wooden spoon, mix butter into the mashed bananas in a large mixing bowl. Mix in the sugar, egg, and vanilla. Sprinkle the baking soda and salt over the mixture and mix in. Add the flour last, mix. Pour mixture into a buttered 4x8 inch loaf pan. Bake for 1 hour. Cool on a rack. Remove from pan and slice to serve.

I dont have a camera now to take a pic of the one I did, but here it is the one posted in the website I took the recipe from, and mine looks the same!!

https://simplyrecipes.com/photos/banana-bread.jpg

ooooh sounds lovely, i need to find somewhere to convert cups into grams and all purpose flour is that self raising or plain?

omg i'll well be making this! not had banana loaf in ages!!!!

ooooh sounds lovely, i need to find somewhere to convert cups into grams and all purpose flour is that self raising or plain?

All purpose is plain one!

Just got this sat in the oven so cant wait to see how it taste. I was going to frost it with banana buttercream but have no bananas left, hmmm wonder if vanilla buttercream would be nice on it?

Making this as I type! Heee... DH is smashing bananas for me :D

edit - its coking now, smells soooo nummy... and the batter tasted really good too o_o can't wait, can't wait to eat it!! <33

Well in one evening 3/4's of the loaf went opppps. I had 3 slices OH had 2 but they were massive lol

My loaf lasted about 2 hours... xD But I'm not surprised, whenever we make homemade bread the whole loaf is gone in 3. Homemade stuff does not last in this house.

I really want to try this. Can anyone tell me what cups are in grams?

found out on the internet about grams. Its in the oven now. Looking good :happydance: cant wait to try it

Banana bread is my favourite ever!! Not that easy to pick up in shops so i usually make my own, im making one this afternoon!!

For a nice twist try adding honey and cinnamon, or come little chocolate chips!! Delcious!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->